Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

What time is it? Tooth Hurty!

Posted by: user30263 | Fri 1st Mar 2013 16:28 | Last Reply

With the resources available to the top sportsmen and women especially with the world No.1 does anyone really believe the wisdom tooth excuse? Is cutting down on tournaments and practice especially when you have changed brand and also wanting to spend time away from golf more likely the problem? Would not have happened with Chubby!

re: What time is it? Tooth Hurty!
user504923
Reply : Fri 1st Mar 2013 22:02

"Oh ye of little faith"

user390191
Reply : Fri 1st Mar 2013 22:04

it does make you wonder, the question good start with why have nike golf lost its so called fizz with even tiger having problems after years of using there gear and winning have they changed manufactures and the clubs are just not as good as they was, also why did he go for the money sure he did not need anymore he had a nice girlfriend a nice house and was at the top of his game but you can just say its all about the money

user375014
Reply : Fri 1st Mar 2013 22:55

Its one of them i think yeah he was having a crap round and struggling but if your wisdom tooth is paining you, then im sorry i would be walking off too. Yeah if iwas on for a great round or playing well i might try and struggle through, but he was playing bad and in pain so just stop. That all together with the equipment change all adds up to a poor display.

user99350
Reply : Tue 5th Mar 2013 13:25

Hmm, I wonder if he'd have jacked in if there was a minus before his score. It happens at all levels but for different reasons: the most obvious is the Cat 1 players who will jack in because they're carding a poor score and don't want their vanity handicap changed which I reckon is down to their ego. Come on play the game and always remeber....you're not that good.

user43166
Reply : Tue 5th Mar 2013 13:30

I see Rory has "manned up" and admitted he should have played on - quite right. Interesting comment about Tiger also which is mentioned above. Say what you want about Tiger... he may be stroppy, he may spit too much etc etc but he plays through the pain!! Rory needs a bit of this - good to see he has recognised this.

user451055
Reply : Tue 5th Mar 2013 14:24

Err - didn't Tiger go through a phase of not completing competition rounds when it was going badly? I distinctly remember him developing a limp when it was going badly and it miraculously vanished when he picked it up a bit. If his game didn't pick up he definitely stopped playing at least twice.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 5th Mar 2013 14:38
user30263
Reply : Mon 25th Mar 2013 15:07

And he isnt going to be No.1 anymore soon, maybe that may make him focus on what is important again?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top