Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Playing Golf In California

Posted by: user201647 | Mon 4th Feb 2013 09:00 | Last Reply

I am going to California in the summer have a few questions. I am flying with Delta Airlines am thinking of using my clubs as my baggage allowance. Is that allowed? I am going with my mother we are staying with family so will be able to put my cloths with hers we will be able to wash cloths. I will need new golf shoes it it cheaper to buy them when I am out there? I'm going to be staying in LA, Paso Robles and Msson Vejo will be ok in LA my cousins friend is a golfer so know I will have some where to play there. What I would like to find out is how much it will cost for a round of golf? Is it the same as here do juniors get a reduction? If you play with a member of a golf club do you get a reduction like over here? We are trying to work out how much money to save for me playing golf? I would like to try and get 4 rounds of golf in and do quite a bit of practice as when I get back have some big comps I want to go into. How much should I put aside just for golf? After the wash out of a summer we had last year am hopping I will get 3 weeks of sunshine in USA

re: Playing Golf In California
user451055
Reply : Mon 4th Feb 2013 13:02

Nathaniel - with regards to your flying with golf clubs then visit Delta airlines website and they will tell you what you can do. Most transatlantic flights allow a certain weight of luggage per person and your golf clubs are just part of that allowance.

A few airlines do offer to take your golf clubs as an extra item for free (I know Emirates do but they don't go between UK and US) so it is worth checking their site in case Delta do.

With regards to how much will golf cost then again visit the websites of local clubs you want to visit. Even if they don't have the exact information you need then there will be an email address you can use to contact them.

re: Playing Golf In California
user16106
Reply : Tue 5th Feb 2013 12:41

Hi Nat Have a great time in USA. Cant give you any help with your questions but look forward to here how it goes. Let us know how far the ball flies in that thin dry air. Best of luck Dave CAC handed Geordie.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top