Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Playing St. Andrews Old Course in late April

Posted by: user506147 | Wed 30th Jan 2013 16:48 | Last Reply

Hi everyone,

I am planning a trip to Scotland from April 26th - May 1, and my travel companions are not the golfing type. I'd like to play a few rounds at St. Andrews, including one on the old course. I'll try to show up early as a single and try to get paired up, but looking for someone else who might be traveling as either a single or a threesome, so that I can put our names in together on the ballot to try to get a tee time on the old course. Flexible as to specific day/time. Let me know if you'll be there around the same time and would like to try to get on together!

Steve Chicago, IL

re: Playing St. Andrews Old Course in late April
user80078
Reply : Wed 30th Jan 2013 18:41

Steve, when I played The Old Course, I was staying at Russacks Hotel overlooking the 18th fairway. They arranged for me to get a tee time and I played with three very sociable Americans I first met on the tee. We had a memorable round and a few drinks after. Enjoy yourself!!

re: Playing St. Andrews Old Course in late April
user338942
Reply : Thu 31st Jan 2013 01:26

Hi Steve, I played the Eden course in 2011 and got paired up with 3 native old boys. When I went to the booking desk staying I was looking for a game, I was instantly given several options to play the Old Course. Unfortunately I was there to play the Eden and didn't the cash spare to play the Old Course. In short though, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a group to go out with regardless of the time you get to reception.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top