Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

golf clubs

Posted by: user460448 | Mon 14th Jan 2013 20:25 | Last Reply

Hi iam a 24 handicap been playing for 8 mnts want advice on best clubs steel shafts flexi also ping clubs different dot colours means what thanks

re: golf clubs
user425195
Reply : Tue 15th Jan 2013 08:54

Hi Dougie, the dots on Ping clubs indicate the lie angle. If you buy new Ping clubs, you will need to be fitted where you will get the correct shaft flex and length, grip size and lie angle. I've got G20s and would say they are worth it if you have the money, but don't bother braking the bank if not, as I'm not sure exactly how much difference it makes.

Last edit : Tue 15th Jan 2013 09:14
user460448
Reply : Tue 15th Jan 2013 09:40

Hi Greg thanks for the info much appreciated

user43763
Reply : Tue 15th Jan 2013 11:26

dougie, check out the ping website, you enter in your details and it will give you a basic fitting, obviously youd have to go to a pro for propeer fitting but its interesting to see how far out your current set up is. Im a white grip silver dot, i have the g15s because im not as rich as greg lol i find them significantly better than my ping raptures which were hugely better than my wilson di7s. with ping you also are guranteed an authentic set, unique to you, serial numbers will confirm this, and in the future should you need any adjustments made you can send them back to ping and they will always know who you are, g15s can be picked up for a steal these days, highly recommend trying them out.

user460448
Reply : Tue 15th Jan 2013 13:34

Hi Alun thanks im very gratefull for this information

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top