Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

G-Tour 2013

Posted by: user40826 | Sun 13th Jan 2013 17:17 | Last Reply

One of things I'm aiming to do this year is to enter more high profiled competitions, as I've always wondered what it would be like.

I'm thinking of entering the G- Tour this year. I'm probably looking at playing in 3 events, due to cost and travel expenses.

Is there any advice from people who have played in the past? Is it a friendly environment or is it deadly serious?

Any advice would be good.

re: G-Tour 2013
user24437
Reply : Sun 13th Jan 2013 18:18

Just do it Chris. Of course, the competition is serious, but that doesn't mean that you can't enjoy it - most of the people I've played with have been great company (with the odd exception obviously). Well worth doing.

user52922
Reply : Sun 13th Jan 2013 18:52

Chris, if you consider a high profile event as a step up, then it has to be taken seriously which requires absolute concentration from you. Your playing partners should have no bearing on what you wish to set out to do. The competition is the name of the game. Show your playing partners the same courtesy you expect from them but don't involve yourself in pointless conversation, leave that till the end of the round.

user40826
Reply : Sun 13th Jan 2013 18:59

Thanks guys, really appreciate the advice, I suppose it will just be like playing at the club when its a draw.

Some people will be great some people will be unhelpful.

I do like to switch off between shots, this has helped me no end nearer the end of my rounds. But if nobody fancies a chat between shots then I'll keep quite.

Really looking forward to this year. Entering plenty of things I've always shied away from.

user246626
Reply : Sun 13th Jan 2013 20:54

Am playing on the G-Tour aswell for the first time this year Had some really good feedback on how good it is and how well run and organised it is. So thought i might aswell give it a go and see what happens. Which events are you playing on?

user40826
Reply : Sun 13th Jan 2013 21:40

Great stuff Adam. Definitely playing Wychwood Park, as its only 30 minutes drive away and I've played it a few times.

Not sure of the other two, tow out of these: Sat 22nd Jun 2013 at Moor Allerton Golf Club Sat 31st Aug 2013 at Formby Hall Golf Club Sat 28th Sep 2013 at The Nottinghamshire Golf & Country Club

user320021
Reply : Mon 14th Jan 2013 10:13

Chris,

I've played on the GTour the last couple of years, it's has been great. The people on it are good to be around and although it is competition it is certainly not played in silence with no-one talking (unless they want it that way)! Having played in a variety of competitions with different groups I can certainly say that this is the best.

I speak to the organisers quite a bit and this year is proving very popular already and i would suggest that you register your interest in the events you want and if you're on facebook follow their page as it will let you know when each event is open for payment as you wouldn't want to miss out. I know Formby Hall has already had lots of registrations despite being the last venue added.

Hopefully I'll see you at the Nottinghamshire.

Col

user40826
Reply : Mon 14th Jan 2013 19:12

Right I've registered for Wychwood, Formby and Nottingham. Is that am I in? What's the next step?

user246626
Reply : Mon 14th Jan 2013 20:33

Hoping to play those 3 aswell. Once you've registered your interest thats all you have to do for now. Nearer the event itself you'll be able to confirm your place by paying.You'll get an email telling you when this is

user246626
Reply : Mon 14th Jan 2013 20:37

Hoping to play those 3 aswell. Once you've registered your interest thats all you have to do for now. Nearer the event itself you'll be able to confirm your place by paying.You'll get an email telling you when this is

user40826
Reply : Mon 14th Jan 2013 20:47

Ah, I thought as much. I've sent an email off anyway, but good to get the information from yourself.

Really looking forward to this, never done anything like this before.

user24437
Reply : Mon 14th Jan 2013 21:23

I'll give you a shout at Wychwood and Notts Chris.

PS - the very best thing about the Tour is the trophy - I made it....

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 14th Jan 2013 21:38

Did you all see Staverton Park, near Daventry, was added today for Feb ?

Tim, I think Phil and I are doing Stav, The Nottinghamshire and 1 more TBC

user320021
Reply : Mon 14th Jan 2013 23:48

Tim, you are right te Trophy is great - It's siting on my Mantlepiece right now!!! But I have to hand it over on Friday to one of the guys going to Cyprus for the grand final!

user24437
Reply : Tue 15th Jan 2013 00:06

Not sure about Staverton that early in the year Daz, as much as I like the track I don't think it handles the wet too well. Definitely want to do Moor Allerton though.

user69191
Reply : Wed 16th Jan 2013 11:50

Staverton at the moment in great nick. Even getting a bit of run on the fairways which is unheard of at the moment in this area and some courses were still closed last weekend. Just a couple of really wet spots on the 2 holes at the bottom of the hill.

user246626
Reply : Wed 16th Jan 2013 17:02

I'm playing at Staverton Park, never played there before, just hope the weathers nice

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top