Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Having the winter off...

Posted by: user338942 | Tue 8th Jan 2013 14:46 | Last Reply

....has done me the world of good in terms of my motivation for golf.

I last played in September and had one of those days where nothing seems to go your way yet struck the ball pretty well. After that and as the weather closed in I had absolutely no desire to swing a club.

Now though I'm itching to get back into it. Plan for this year is to get back playing every club comp I can (played societies last couple of years) and get myself in 2/3 national matchplays such as the northern matchplay & daily mail etc.

Season objectives: 2 shots off handicap 3 x top 3s in club comps Have a good run at least 1 matchplay comp whether club or national

Not setting a 'different course' target this year. Played plenty in the last couple of years and lost out socially at my club, so focus will remain there this year.

re: Having the winter off...
user260507
Reply : Wed 9th Jan 2013 16:30

I've not played since Turnberry in early November, hoping I will be back on form soon enough! Good to have targets to go for though....

user50657
Reply : Wed 9th Jan 2013 20:27

Dave, haven't even looked at my clubs since the final TGA game in September. Just played today at Shields after feeling the same way as you. Done me the world of good, finished with an 82 and 43 points, just knocked 1.5 off me handicap. It's a long time since I did that. Hope we'll still see you on the TGA though, good luck in the club comps.

user338942
Reply : Thu 10th Jan 2013 10:21

Aye I'll be out for a few Graham. Playing at Stocksfield.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top