Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Review of your golfing year

Posted by: user369251 | Fri 4th Jan 2013 16:14 | Last Reply

Hi all,

How would you some up your Golfing 2012?

I started the year thinking I would just get better the more I played. Could not have been more wrong. Hit a right funk during Spring and the scoring went to pot. Had a lesson, spent some evenings on the course, and it seemed to be coming together. Fast forward 6 months and I've played the most consistent golf possible for my skill level since then. Confidence is at an all time high and I'm genuinely looking forward to 2013. My personal highlight of the year is helping contribute to a team victory in our society's own version of the Ryder cup with a 3-0-0 record. Captaining the side this year, so hoping to retain!

re: Review of your golfing year
user80078
Reply : Fri 4th Jan 2013 16:26

My golf has been reasonably consistant throughout, but altogether rather like the curate's egg (good in parts). Often my poor judgement of distance with the wedges has spoilt good scoring chances and I have resolved to concentrate more when in good positions. I know I can regularly reduce my scoring by 4 or 5 shots per round with better application and a more thoughtful approach. Wish me luck!

user23669
Reply : Wed 9th Jan 2013 17:27

2012 got better for me the long the year went by. Bought some woods in the States had a free lesson at the same time. Hoping 2013 will get better again

user309476
Reply : Thu 10th Jan 2013 14:32

My year started will by dropping over 2 off my handicap in 3 rounds but then went down hill. I managed to level it off though and finished the year fairly happy with my game. I got fitted with a driver i have the confidence to hit so making par 4/5's reachable in reg, my big let down was the dreaded 60/70 yds in and lack of confidence in my cheap wedges.

After a big investment on decent wedges and a more usable fairway wood i have high hopes for 2013 and looking forward to my first round at the end of the month.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top