Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Organising a golf trip

Posted by: user362888 | Thu 3rd Jan 2013 17:44 | Last Reply

Am organising an 8 person Spanish golf trip for the first time. We are playing 3 rounds and will be splitting into 2 teams of 4. Handicaps are 9, 12, 12, 15, 18, 18, 20, 24. It will be fun but we do want an interesting competition. I was thinking about a pairs scramble on day 1, pairs stableford on day 2, and a singles draw on day 3. Does anybody have any better ideas? How would I establish handicaps for each chosen format? How could I create a fun Ryder Cup style scoring system? Any other hints / tips or ideas also welcome.

Many thanks

re: Organising a golf trip
user52922
Reply : Thu 3rd Jan 2013 22:20

Everyone going on holiday wishes to play there own ball all the time, so a scramble is better left out. Myself, the game has always been about how many strokes, so stableford for points is another no no for me. Play the game the way it was intended, a 54 hole medal, which will produce a worthy winner.

user362888
Reply : Fri 4th Jan 2013 09:58

Thanks John - clearly a traditionalist! The group is comprised of people who know one or two others, but not all, therefore I want a format that will get people mixing on the golf course as well as off it. I'm thinking a pairs betterball ball game on day 1 (each playing their own ball from the preferred lie of the previous shots), standard pairs on day 2 then singles scrap on day would be good - all as part of a team of 4. However I need help on fine-tuning this - how are points scored, what handicaps should be used etc. All suggestions welcome.

user502775
Reply : Mon 7th Jan 2013 18:59

hi phil if you are playing four ball better ball or pairs the handicap would be 3/4 the differance against the lowest player,for the singles it would be full differance against the lowest handicap player hope this helps

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top