Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

motocaddy s3 electric golf trolley

Posted by: user437621 | Fri 28th Dec 2012 00:35 | Last Reply

hiya quick question looking into getting the s3 electric trolley has anyone got this or have an electric trolley that they would recomend i am quite keen on the s3 as it has the distance stuff built into the trolley is this the only trolley with this extra added stuff on the trolley other than just a basic battery powered trolley.

re: motocaddy s3 electric golf trolley
user16163
Reply : Fri 28th Dec 2012 09:55

Hi Bradley I have the s3digital trolley and think it is great, but to be honest it is just an electric trolley. The distance readout is good but what you need to realise is, if you play in comps then it has to be switched off (in built comp mode) and if you want to measure how far you have just hit you shot then you will have to walk in a direct line otherwise you will get a wrong reading as how many courses these days have winding paths from the tees or how many times do you zigzag across a fairway to look for your opponents balls ect, don't get me wrong I think the trolley is great but personally I think the distance part of it is a little OTT, I don't bother with reading it as I use a dmd. The trolley is lightweight and folds down quite small and very easily, I have a friend who has a powerkaddy and within the last 2 yrs has had 3 replacement axles, everyone I have spoke to that has a motocaddy will never go back.

Hope this helps

Regards Darren

user246626
Reply : Fri 28th Dec 2012 17:16

Ive also got a motocaddy S3 Digital and in my opinion has to be the best electric trolley out there.There are some very handy features, the USB port comes in handy especially when my MSD needs charging mid round

user44234
Reply : Fri 28th Dec 2012 17:32

Darren you're doing my Powakddy Freeway an injustice. It's had a lot more than 3 replacement axles and that doesn't include the latest at Lindrick on Xmas Eve. I'd have thought that many would have now realised that PK have shot themselves in the foot and passed the No1 Title to Motocaddy. I've never quite understood the necessity of a USB charging port though, my Skycaddie lasts at least 10hrs, 2 full rounds before needing a recharge, but then again it is golf specific so competiton accceptable as opposed to a smartfone app. There's always a Stewart of course, which is undeniably the best but at a cost even though it does come with a lithium battery as standard, a �200.00 option on all others and of course the remote control.
At the end of the day it's like evrything else you pay your money and take your choice.

user250721
Reply : Sat 29th Dec 2012 07:41

Bradley

I recently got the chance to review GoKart for Golfshake, excellent kit and even better customer service. Worth a look

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/4445/Feature_Review_GoKart_Golf_Trolley.html

user106712
Reply : Sat 29th Dec 2012 08:35

Dno't get a lithium battery, I have found a sealed lead acid battery to be much better. I have had a 36 hole Lead acid battery for 3 years and do not use it for 36 holes very often but when I do, it does it easily with power to spare. Whereas a lithium battery has "memory" and if it isn't used fully will lose it's memory. I have a motocaddy s1 3 years old and never had a problem. I don't feel I need the gadgets found on other trollleys though.

user410273
Reply : Sat 29th Dec 2012 21:46

Had an S1 for about 5yrs now. On its 2nd battery for the last 2 yrs. When I need to replace it I'll just get another S1 - don't need all the gimmicks, just something that carries the bag from A2B.

user437621
Reply : Sun 30th Dec 2012 00:33

i am only intrested in the motocaddy stuff thanks anaways though how much did you pay for your s1 and s3 as i dont really ever see any deals for the products its all standard prices as for the other one you reviewed it looks like something you use for when you are doing up the garden that trolley

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top