Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

-2 and best game yet !

Posted by: user459944 | Thu 13th Dec 2012 23:01 | Last Reply

played @ Cobtree Manor in Maidstone today, absolutely freezing when we arrived, -2 according to car outside temp, felt more like -4 ! arrived to be told winter tee's being played off of on most holes, to me not a problem felt like being at the driving range, first smash @ 220 yrds well happy centre of fairway, the start of a good day, arrived at the green to find it not only like a sheet of ice but as white as white, having never played on this type of ground before played it as if it had been raining as the ball seemed to gather a lot of ice on the roll and bobbled quiet a bit towards the hole.

the day just progressed better & better, 10 bogeys, 2 pars & 37 putts later and finished with a 96 !!! 96, if i had'nt cocked up the 13th, 16th & 17th it would have been better but hey i could'nt ask for a better day, maybe i should stick to the winter tee's ?? Over the moon, not even close to it.

re: -2 and best game yet !
user449768
Reply : Fri 14th Dec 2012 15:38

Congratulations its always nice to shoot under your handicap. I tried to play today but i had to pick the wet day and the course was shut !

user16106
Reply : Fri 14th Dec 2012 18:20

Tim, Well done . I HATE playing in those conditions. Mats, Rock hard fairways, Frozen greens. Rock hard bunkers. You may get 50 yds run on your drives but trying to stop the ball on the greens is a nightmare and putting is just a lottery. Having said all of that I will still go out and play in it. Well done again. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user459944
Reply : Fri 14th Dec 2012 20:57

cheers chaps, i really think it was the state of mind that did it for me, playing off the matts was just like being @ the driving range, so each time i tee'd off i just imagined being there, it worked on the day, and i didnt start adding up til the 15th, went a bit pear shaped from there though lol, still it was nice to see the handicap comedown at long last, just got to keep it that way now!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top