Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Relax!!

Posted by: user498809 | Sat 8th Dec 2012 23:54 | Last Reply

I've been suffering back issues for some time which limits my golfing days out. The last 3 rounds i've shot 96 each time (3 seperate courses) but the last time i played was 4 weeks ago.
Went out this morning, 0730 just getting light. It was cold enough to make my eyes water whilst teeing off and i stepped away twice cause i couldnt see the ball properly!! First 3 holes all a bit rushed, fat shots, thin shots, basically total crap, taking a 7 on each! Deciding it was going to be a shite day i let the following 2 ball through, sat down for a few minutes and started again. Played some good and really poor shots throughout the rest of the round and ended up shooting a 93 and 37 points of 24 Hcap. No idea where that came from after such a poor start but now makes me think my "break 90" target isnt that far away (as long as the back hold out that is) Amazing how a day can change.

re: Relax!!
user459944
Reply : Sun 9th Dec 2012 09:59

Gary, know where you are coming from, think we all put to much pressure on ourselves to get under a certain score rather than just going out and enjoying the game for what it is, and know what you mean about the weather too, isnt it funny how when your halfway round the course and everything going right you dont notice how cold it is though ??!! i went out on friday and just thought about playing and ended up with a 104 considering my average lately has been 117+ i was well chuffed but didnt think for 1 minute about my scores, just went and enjoyed myself, weird game dont you just love it !

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top