Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

GOLF STORE EUROPE

Posted by: user16106 | Tue 20th Nov 2012 20:56 | Last Reply

Has anyone dealt with this firm? Golf Stoe Europe. All looks legit. Saw an item looks a bit of a bargain. Not too good to be true but about �20 cheaper than anywhere else. Dont want to deal wth if others have had bad experiences. Cheers. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

re: GOLF STORE EUROPE
user26342
Reply : Thu 22nd Nov 2012 13:34

I saw them yesterday, I was looking for a Ping G20 3 wood & they are �40 cheaper than anywhere else. Rather than buy from them I used them as a price match option to get it from a reputable retailer for the same price....Result!!

user11501
Reply : Thu 22nd Nov 2012 13:56

Jim,

Your comment about Ping is not strictly true. You cannot buy Ping clubs direct through the online checkout procedure. However all the reputable sites state this when you add Ping items to the basket and you are requested to call them.

Golf Store Europe are the same in this respect as is online golf/direct golf etc.

I have ordered from Golf Store Europe before and had no problems. I believe them to be a "cosha" site.

martin

Last edit : Thu 22nd Nov 2012 13:57
user16106
Reply : Mon 26th Nov 2012 19:27

Glad to hear its a Cosha site but unfortunatly the item I was looking at has gone up �20 to a more realistic price. Ebay here I come. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user618389
Reply : Sat 20th Dec 2014 11:44

Hi,

I have tried it and can tell you : this site is to be banned. Sotcks information are wrong and products ordered from suppliers after ordering. The deadline announced is not respected, after great difficulties of communication, I canceled my order and requested reimbursement. Two months later, the reimbursement is still not effective and I have to file a complaint. I strongly advise you to order on this site.

Last edit : Sat 20th Dec 2014 11:44
user246701
Reply : Sun 21st Dec 2014 07:03

A stunning rant .... but failed with the impact of the message on the last line. Having seen that you put this rant on many many sites I would of thought that you might have read it at least once before doing the cut and paste.

Awesome !!

Last edit : Sun 21st Dec 2014 07:03
user624677
Reply : Thu 26th Feb 2015 09:35

Here is a copy of an e mail I have just sent to Golf Europe:

"Hello, It has now been 72 hours since my first e mail raising the non dispatch of the above item and still no response. Worse any attempt to phone you fails as I always seem to get the time when all your agents are helping other customers??????? This is not even a custom build but even if it was this is not acceptable customer service.

Either you have gone out of business or you were a scam from the start. Other customers have had the same trouble - I note.

I have raised a dispute with Pay Pal and if you have not replied with a reasonable response before 1150 GMT I will turn this into a claim and take legal action to expose the company.

Trevor Wilson"

Last edit : Thu 26th Feb 2015 09:35
user625025
Reply : Sun 1st Mar 2015 20:17

This is the email customers are getting;

I ordered an item and 2 weeks later it hadn't arrived. I emailed the customer service desk and received this response: DEAR SIRS

UNFORTUNATELY GOLFSTOREEUROPE LTD WAS PLACED INITO LIQUIDATION ON 27 FEBRUARY 2015, AND WILL BE UNABLE TO PROCESS ANY FURTHER ORDERS / REFUNDS OR RETURNS.

STEPHEN POWELL AND GORDON JOHNSTON OF HJS RECOVERY HAVE BEEN APPOINTED JOINT LIQUIDATORS AND WILL BE WRITING TO CREDITORS SHORTLY.

IN THE INTERIM YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD PROVIDER OR BANK WHO MAY BE ABLE TO ADVISE YOU REGARDING REFUNDS.

ANY FURTHER ENQUIRIES PLEASE DIRECT THEM TO THE LIQUIDATORS AT :- [email protected]

YOURS FAITHFULLY

MICHAEL HALL

FOR AND ON BEHALF OF THE JOINT LIQUIDATORS

Michael Hall Insolvency Supervisor

Last edit : Sun 1st Mar 2015 20:17
user624677
Reply : Mon 2nd Mar 2015 15:55

Thank you Christian - that explains everything. Ah well will have to pursue the refund through Paypal.

Last edit : Mon 2nd Mar 2015 15:55

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top