Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Blew up on the 17th again

Posted by: user16106 | Sun 18th Nov 2012 21:46 | Last Reply

Played godstone today. Started freezing cold with sun in your eyes shining off the dew. Turned out to be a lovely spring day. played pretty well, got on the 17th tee (8th 2nd time around ) knew I had to par the 17th and 18th to get a 79 for the first time. 17th is a 160yd with about 120yd over water plus a tricky green. SPLASH went the ball. Par wirh my next ball for a five. double on the last also as my concentation had gone west. When will it ever all come together. Still, 11 over par. Cant be too displeased. PS the new grips I fitted last week ( golf pride copies ) were brilliant, cant knock them. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

re: Blew up on the 17th again
user24437
Reply : Sun 18th Nov 2012 22:31

STOP COUNTING YOUR SCORE DURING THE ROUND!!!

user43763
Reply : Mon 19th Nov 2012 09:07

completely agree with Tim. Nothing good can ever come from adding you score up during a round

user52922
Reply : Mon 19th Nov 2012 11:06

Scoring low is the name of the game and I have always preferred to know exactly how I stand throughout the round, but I can do this mentally quite easily.

user16106
Reply : Mon 19th Nov 2012 12:20

I knew from the 10th that I had 3 shots to play with to break 80. I want to know my score so if I need a birdie on the last to break 80 or if I need bogie to break 80 I may play the hole differently. I would hate to \"go for it\" and get a double bogie. Then realise I could have played smart with a safe bogie and break 80.\r\nDave CAC handed Geordie.

Last edit : Mon 19th Nov 2012 12:21
user217280
Reply : Fri 23rd Nov 2012 18:08

I tend to know what score I am on as I go around the course I count how many over or under I am as I go, but you still have to hit one shot at a time, The last hole on my course is a par five which I can eagle, but I have to hit a good tee shot to put myself in a position to have a go at the green, if I hit a poor tee shot and I can't go for it, so it is always one shot at a time, make sure you concentrate on the shot you are about to play then execute the shot, simples.

user16106
Reply : Tue 27th Nov 2012 13:04

Im playing a fairly easy 5400yd at w/e. Ill try to ignore my score until after the last hole. Chance of getting that 79. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user52922
Reply : Tue 27th Nov 2012 15:42

Dave, if you cannot break 80 on a course of that length then may I suggest retirement.

user80078
Reply : Tue 27th Nov 2012 20:27

I think John has given you all the incentive you need to break 80 this weekend Dave. Go for it and good luck!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top