Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Which Balls?

Posted by: user498809 | Wed 14th Nov 2012 22:25 | Last Reply

Posted this question on another forum but it doesnt hurt to get a different perspective. I'm currently playing off a 24 Hcap and quite sometime ago decided to stick with a single ball to try and get some consistancy in my game, So i'm playing with Titleist NXT Tour. Question is at my level does it really make any difference? On the upside my last 3 scores have all been 96 (with the old excuse that i could go lower if i concentrated a bit more) and hoping to start breaking 90 in the next few months

re: Which Balls?
user451727
Reply : Wed 14th Nov 2012 23:23

I am around 25 Gary, and I think it does make a difference. I decided this year to stick with one type of ball Srixon Distance, I always thought a balls a ball and there is no difference, but I can really notice the difference even around the green with a distance ball. I believe it helps, and with my game I will take any help I can get

user21179
Reply : Thu 15th Nov 2012 09:21

After a custom fit (admittedly at Titleist) I use pro v 1x. Having a consistent feel off the face, especially around the green and with the putter I find really helpful. I think that some of it is physiological aswell. At address I don't have those stupid thoughts about bad shots or balls I have lost of a certain type in the past. I don't know if anyone else does this, but for me using just the 1 type of ball helps with a positive mind set. On a slightly different thread, did you once work at P & H Gary ?

user369251
Reply : Thu 15th Nov 2012 17:38

Colin I too use Srixon Distance, great value for money and a pretty good ball. I'll always use either those or Nike PD's. With other balls, there's always that thought that the unexpected may happen in my mind.

user38216
Reply : Thu 15th Nov 2012 19:10

Nothing else plays like a Pro v1x but Srixon soft feel or Wilson DX3 Soft are a good winter alternative. NXT Tour feel like striking a stone when compared

user489926
Reply : Thu 15th Nov 2012 19:34

there is a huge difference between balls! i have tried about 6 different brands this season. i used to play distance balls, but would never use them now after being told i would be better with soft feel balls. they are so much more playable!! i would recommend the bridgestone fix ball, a great 2 part ball or srixon soft feel ( green).

user498809
Reply : Thu 15th Nov 2012 20:05

Not me Tim.

user498809
Reply : Thu 15th Nov 2012 20:08

Interestingly i know a couple of people who use Nike Softs and swear by them. Nice to know i\'m on the right path with the single ball theory. May try a couple of the ones mentioned above over the next few weeks. Cheers guys.

Last edit : Thu 15th Nov 2012 20:56
user249902
Reply : Fri 16th Nov 2012 08:58

I'm in the same camp, Bridgestone e6 for summer, and now using wilson dx2 for the winter.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top