Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Just become a club member

Posted by: user449768 | Mon 12th Nov 2012 19:07 | Last Reply

Went to my little local club yesterday to have a quick 9 holes and was offered a deal until the end of february, full 7 day for �100 and if i renew in march for the full year they would give �80 off the price. So as i was thinking of joining anyway i had to take up 4 months golf for �20. Its only a very small 9 hole golf club club and the bar and proshop are combined lol, but its the golf im there for and they have been very friendly every time ive visited and they have a full range with bunker etc. Heres hoping for a mild winter lol.

re: Just become a club member
user52922
Reply : Tue 13th Nov 2012 11:58

I would have thought that joining Clevedon Golf club would have been the best for you. Mike.

user449768
Reply : Tue 13th Nov 2012 18:44

Clevedon is only 15 mins away john but at present the amount of golf time i have doesnt warrant �1000 per year in membership. Ive got Bristol and clifton, Long Ashton only 20 mins away but at present i work 6 days a week and have had maybe 20 rounds since march and a few of them have been only 9 holes. Hopefully the hardwork will pay off in the not to distant future and il have more spare time and il look at different clubs, though i have noticed Shirehampton Park are doing a "flexible membership" that would suit me perfectly for next year.

Last edit : Tue 13th Nov 2012 19:06
user16106
Reply : Tue 13th Nov 2012 19:14

Sounds like a great deal Paul. Get as much practice as you can even if its only 4 or 5 holes at a time. Practice on the course cannot be replicated on the range. What club did you actually join by the way. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user449768
Reply : Tue 13th Nov 2012 19:24

I joined Tickenham Golf Club John. Its the ares largest teaching centre for adults/children to get into golf. The greens are superb but its very short with the longest hole only 383 yds but its very scenic and never to busy when i play. Its possible to go out and play a couple of balls a time to practice which helps.

user52922
Reply : Tue 13th Nov 2012 22:43

Mike I only suggested Clevedon as I was member there for 16 years and is a great test of golf. All the Bristol courses are very good but if you are working six days a week then golf is only a sideshow for you at the moment.

Shirehampton is always in good nick, albeit a rather short course but is the home of the Bristol Scratch Foursomes which I was fortunate enough to win, with my partner Barry reeves in 1972.

Last edit : Tue 13th Nov 2012 22:46
user449768
Reply : Wed 14th Nov 2012 19:13

I used to play shirehampton around 15 years ago john. It is short but very hilly. I used to be knackered carrying my bag around there lol. Ive only played clevedon once a long time ago when it was quite windy but a certain par 3 is still very clear in my mind where i hit a 5 iron that went about 100yds.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top