Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Did you go to London Golf Show?

Posted by: user354092 | Mon 12th Nov 2012 10:59 | Last Reply

Just wondering if anyone went to the London Golf Show and what you thought of it? I met some who thought it was pretty poor value for money and a couple who had a load of lessons and thought it was great.

It was certainly a lot smaller that last year. I am not sure if this is an indication of the state of the golf economy or simply that these shows are increasingly unpopular?

re: Did you go to London Golf Show?
user320021
Reply : Mon 12th Nov 2012 14:58

I went with 3 friends from work, although what was there was useful i was surprised at the small space used and number of exhibitors. I could think of plenty more golf related companies that could have benefitted from it. I had a quick session with one of the coaches, with some "interesting" views.

The other thing I expected was decent offers and some decent work by the manufacturers, I know "The internet Golf Shop" were a headline sponsor, but it almost seemed as though that meant you couldn't buy anything similar to their products from anywhere else, and nothing cheaper than on their website.

Although we had a fun day out, it wasn't all I had hoped!

user64715
Reply : Mon 12th Nov 2012 16:37

I went and made use of the 2-4-1 offer ticket offer. Glad I did, as otherwise I would have felt ripped off. The whole show only used up about a 1/3 of the hall and most of what was there was disappointing. Highlights for me were the trickshot routine and that was about it. Managed to try out some irons, but found that many of the manufacturers driving bays were 'closed' off and uninviting and when I did get to try clubs I was given some sales spiel or only given very short time with the clubs. I tried out Nike's VRS irons which I quite liked but was dissapointed that their full range wasn't there, and I really would have liked more opportunity to try out other clubs for comparison.

I really didn't enjoy dodging approaches from representives from Eye hopsitals, bed manufacturers, masseurs and jewelry makers; there was just not enough golf related content. I saw quite a few presentations on the stage and found the quality of them to be poor.

All in all I found the whole experience underwhelming and boring which is a shame as I was looking forward to trying out a whole host of different clubs.

user26342
Reply : Tue 13th Nov 2012 07:24

I went to one of them & vowed never to go back. I felt they were full of people just wanting to part you with your hard earned cash & they would sell you anything. Also there were no left handed clubs to test so all in all it was disappointing. I can see why they give away so many tickets in 'Competitions' etc

user250721
Reply : Tue 13th Nov 2012 18:59

I normally like these type of things. but after visiting this particular event last year decided not to bother this time round. By the looks of things was a good decision.

user64715
Reply : Sat 12th Jan 2013 09:01

Does anybody recommend a golf show that is worth going to?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top