Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

What Driver is best for a senior

Posted by: user330644 | Sat 3rd Nov 2012 12:10 | Last Reply

Hi Guys, I am in my mid sixties and have started to have trouble with my driver. I have a Cobra 10.5%, regular flex I believe, which I bought second hand about 12 years ago. I have been for lessons and my iron work is fine down to the 5 iron.I think I am over-swinging the driver as my flexibility decreases. Should I be moving now to a driver with more flex and say 12% loft.Also should I be looking at moving to a longer shaft. Would consider a fitting but price would be an issue for me. Any advice would be appreciated.

re: What Driver is best for a senior
user330644
Reply : Sun 4th Nov 2012 19:58

John,Thanks for the suggestions. I like the look of the Nike Machspeed and the price.I am going to research it further. Assistance much appreciated. Ian

user130832
Reply : Mon 5th Nov 2012 10:13

I am 66 and the Yonex range suits me it is probably the lightest driver in the market that I have found. I bought a RAZR-cut and it was too heavy for me just to give you an idea.

user130832
Reply : Mon 5th Nov 2012 10:14

Sorry RAZR Fit I meant.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top