Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Glad ive had lessons

Posted by: user449768 | Mon 29th Oct 2012 11:16 | Last Reply

Well for the last 2 months ive had some lessons from a pro at a golf course close to where i live. Ive never been a member of a club, just used to play pay and plays and now and again play the odd invite at a few members clubs. Ihad a layoff for about 5 years and got back into golf last march but really fell back in love with the game. The other half got me some lessons for my birthday so got in touch with the club and booked. The difference the few lessons have achieved are unbelievable. I used to get the odd magazine and try and do some of the drills at the driving range but the difference in actually being able to talk and be shown very simple but effective tips has helped me no end. I went out for an hour lesson on the course saturday so i could put into practice what he has shown me and i managed a 1 under par on the 4 holes and although the holes werent the longest ever ( 2 par 4s of 383, 376 and 2 par 3s at 127 and 145) the wind made it that bit tougher. So if youre thinking of lessons then please try, it can really make a difference.

re: Glad ive had lessons
user43763
Reply : Mon 29th Oct 2012 12:56

completely agree, I used to find myself being able to work out what was going wrong easily, but pinpointing what to fix and to what degree was a nightmare and just as i started playing as i wanted, i would youtube some videos and tips and my game got worse. in my first lesson my pro immediatly spotted that i had the clubface wide open at adress and i was constantly fighting a slice, he fixed this and ive never hit it so straight. Cant recommend lessons enough

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top