Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

no improvement :(

Posted by: user437159 | Sat 20th Oct 2012 19:52 | Last Reply

ive been practising every aspect of my game for weeks, only to get no improvement. played the medal today which was a bogey format. finished 3 down to go up to 15.4 when my goal is single figures by next year-not good!. im starting not to believe in practice, it seems the less i care the better i play :D anyone feel the same?

re: no improvement :(
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 20th Oct 2012 21:02

I think you may have inadvertently put your finger on it Liam

"it seems the less i care the better i play"

Perhaps you are trying to hard. We can all be guilty of trying to force it instead of just relaxing, trusting the swing and letting it happen. Also, if you are practicing/playing too much you can get 'golfed out'. Try taking a break for a week or two, come back fresh and remember that we do this for fun; it should never become a chore

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 20th Oct 2012 23:29

It could also be that what, and how you are practicing that could be the problem.

Do you practice on the course?

Quality practice beats spending hours on the practice ground just hitting balls!

Russ

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 21st Oct 2012 15:13

Hit 100 balls at the 75yd marker on a Range is OK when you get many 75yd shots on the course. In other words it is no good hitting a Club well everytime, if its the wrong one for the yardage.

user2879
Reply : Mon 22nd Oct 2012 17:00

Rather than endlessly practising, have you started to look at your game management to work out which holes cause you issues? It also helps to break down the course into chunks so that you don't get too down if things are not going to plan. I allow myself to have a bogey every 2 holes and that lets me keep calm when I make a mistake. I look back at the way I play my course and have changed my club selection for the worst holes.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top