Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Blasts from the past.

Posted by: user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Thu 18th Oct 2012 10:54 | Last Reply

Reading the thread about the future of Golf and what seems a lack of memory of The Golf Channel I wonder what else is no longer known amonst Golfers here.

What is your "blast from the past"?

I'll start. Anyone remember Eric Sykes and 'Rhubarb, Rhubarb'. I was surprised to see copies are available on Amazon.

re: Blasts from the past.
user356537
Reply : Thu 18th Oct 2012 12:52

Pro Celebrity Golf & A Round with Alliss!!!

user369251
Reply : Thu 18th Oct 2012 13:11

Lyth, forgive my naivety, but the Golf Channel you're referring to, is that the one shown in the States on US tv, or did we have on over here? On the future of golf thread, I was trying to get at what a UK based golf channel's benefits would be.

user356537
Reply : Thu 18th Oct 2012 14:14

The smell of a brand new Penfold Commando!

user356537
Reply : Thu 18th Oct 2012 14:14

Unwrapping a Dunlop 65

user26342
Reply : Thu 18th Oct 2012 14:18

Quick rounds!!

user451727
Reply : Thu 18th Oct 2012 16:17

A round with Alliss was great, I thoroughly enjoyed that show. There was also one with Tim Brooke-Taylor, he of the Goodies which I also found highly entertaining. Apart from The Open and highlights of The Masters there is not enough golf on terrestrial TV in my opinion

user16106
Reply : Thu 18th Oct 2012 19:18

Around with Alliss. Used to watch that even before I ever picked up a club. He's getting on a bit now. What about bringing it back with Chris evens doing the chat. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 18th Oct 2012 23:00

You can still watch the golf channel online. I remember watching quite a few programmes on here, used to be free on Setanta! Big Break is the programme I miss watching on TV. Still available to watch online, or connect your PC to the TV

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 18th Oct 2012 23:21

Chris,

The Golf Channel UK, which started life as 'Golf TV' (I'm a member of the Founders Club) was beemed from the Golf Channels Orlando Studeo and had a number of UK programmes too. Mike Reid and Tim Brooke-Taylor toured UK venues and 'Big Break' was popular, specially the ladies. Dana Lacey is doing OK, but where are Ashleigh Prange, Becky Lusardi (sp?) and the others.

Last edit : Thu 18th Oct 2012 23:21
user445877
Reply : Fri 19th Oct 2012 21:47

Pro Celebrity Golf (I think) with Peter Aliss, Lee Trevino and Seve (?). Used to occasionally stay up late to watch it and loved it. Would be great to do a new one, as lon as they didn't have any professional footballers as the celebrities!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top