Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Colne Valley Golf Club Hole By Hole

Posted by: user201647 | Thu 18th Oct 2012 06:15 | Last Reply

I am playing in Schools Golf championship on Monday at Colne Valley Golf Club I have never played there before and can't go for a practice round, was wondering if any of you have played there could you give me advise, I know you have reviews on here, what I am looking for is hole by hole advise, like where to hit to from the tee and what hazards there are at each hole, how the greens play. I know some golf courses have planners and have hole by hole advise on there web site by the pro can not find any thing like that on Colne Valley web site. Just hope some one on here can help me on here. There are going to be scratch and very low handicap players there as its not going to be a stableford points scoring comp I know I don't stand a chance of winning all I am aiming at is playing to my handicap or a bit lower so my handicap dose not go up.

Last edit : Thu 18th Oct 2012 06:34
re: Colne Valley Golf Club Hole By Hole
user451727
Reply : Thu 18th Oct 2012 08:50

Nathaniel, If you do not get any actual responses have a look at Google earth. It will not give you yardages, but it will give you a little idea of what the course looks like.

user21179
Reply : Thu 18th Oct 2012 09:15

Nathaniel, have a chat to the pro when you get there, buy a course planner and add anything he tells you is important. His advice will be more helpful than anyone elses. Good luck on Monday.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 18th Oct 2012 09:19

They are also on Twitter so reach out on there

http://www.golfshake.com/course/view/25054/Colne_Valley_Golf_Club.html

Last edit : Thu 18th Oct 2012 09:19
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 18th Oct 2012 09:20
user201647
Reply : Thu 18th Oct 2012 09:23

Thanks well look at google so they do have a planner there have been lots of courses I have been to this summer who don't have a planner

user2879
Reply : Thu 18th Oct 2012 21:42

I've played this course a few times, have been online on their website and their hole by hole guide is good. The rough is long and punishing so keep it out of there if possible. My memories are: 1st - Keep it right of centre from the tee and you can get there in 2. Bunker short left 2nd - Check yardages on tee shot, 200 or so. Don't get too greedy. Make the fairway on 2 and remember the green is uphill so club up for 2nd shot 3rd - Par 3 uphill. Bunkers left and right. Miss it right if you can help it as easier bunker shot 4 - Dogleg right, don't be too greedy as it's a short par 5 5 - Can't remember much about this, uphill par 4 6 - Downhill par 3 7 - Reachable par 4 with rough short but not too penal. 300 yard hole 8 - Par 3 with water right. Miss is long and left and you can get up and down. Bunker right 9 - Uphill par 4 with double green with a tree on left side of fairway. 10 - downhill par 4. Hit the fairway and par is easy to get 11 - very short par 3, miss long without too much penalty 12 - Reachable par 5 if you hit a fade off the tee. Trouble left from tee shot and then right for approach shot 13 - par 3, blind shot to big green. Aim right and it comes in off the bank 14 - easy par 4. aim left of centre as trees all down the right 15 - uphill long par 5. not much more to say than that. Green slopes left to right 16 - short par 4. Accuracy important so hit smaller club 17 - short downhill par 3 18 - uphill par 4 to double green (with 9). take note of flag position when playing 9 as you want to be below it.

Most important lessons from there that I leaned. Keep it out of the long rough as it's penal. Club up as a lot of shots are uphill

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top