Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Worst round for 3 years

Posted by: user16106 | Sat 13th Oct 2012 20:38 | Last Reply

Just played the Autumn Medal and what a nightmare I had. Decided to use my older clubs as they hit a bit further. Also decided to use another driver as opposed to my pretty consistant usual one. Played OK up until the 8th. I was 7 over after 7 not to bad. Then the card wrecker. 3 balls 3 shanks and 3 putts later I had a 13 on my card. Medal over. 52 out. Back 9 I couldnt hit a thing 8s 9s tops, shanks, duffs etc. Just a piece of Advice. If you are playing OK dont try to change it with a change of clubs. Anyway I shot a gross 110 net 95. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

re: Worst round for 3 years
user459944
Reply : Sat 13th Oct 2012 22:19

easily done dave, when the nightmare begins its bloody hard to shake it off, its easier said than done, had the same thing myself a few weeks back, it was going so well at the start first 2 holes both par'd, then went rat S�$% from there, reasons, left driver & woods @ home, god knows why just thought i would do better on a short course, lesson learned methinks. just got to shrug the shoulders on the next game and get on with it again

user43763
Reply : Sun 14th Oct 2012 12:36

was the only reason you decided to use all your other gear because you hit them a little longer dave? feel for you mate

user355316
Reply : Sun 14th Oct 2012 22:22

Seems like you have answered your own question Dave! Don't go backwards!!! Get rid of your "older clubs"- why on earth should you ever think about using previously defunct equipment? Why keep more than one driver anyway? get rid of any more than 16 clubs!! I have enjoyed reading your comments on this forum over the past year or two and you seem to be a level headed type who enjoys his golf without being too serious,dont let a few bad holes get you down! I wish I had managed to play this weekend!!! Good luck mate!

user16106
Reply : Mon 15th Oct 2012 17:43

Alun, Yes the only reason I used my old wilsons was because they hit a good club carry longer than my callaways. But my callaways have a far superior good hit ratio. My current "driver " is a 13.5 deg magregor that hits about 220 yds witha good hit. I used my other driver for a few shot during a previous round on an open course and had a couple of screamers. 1 of 275 yd with wind behind. but it didnt perform on my very tight course. So Tony in hind sight it was a big mistake. Next round with be with my old trusty dependables. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top