Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Left to Right

Posted by: user238352 | Fri 12th Oct 2012 12:55 | Last Reply

Anyone got any recommendations on how to cure a left to right off the tee. I have tried adjusting my stance and the shape of the club head when coming through on my down swing. I am not cutting across the ball so cannot understand why my drives are going left to right, even my Iron shots are starting to go the same way. Any tips, feedback would be much appreciated. Ken

re: Left to Right
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 12th Oct 2012 13:50

Hi Ken, you've mentioned left to right but haven't send if it's a slice or push ?

This is a decent drill to help if you are slicing the golf ball:

http://www.golfshake.com/improve/view/4097/Video_3_Ball_Slice_Drill.html

user43763
Reply : Fri 12th Oct 2012 20:02

a tip my golf pro gave me was to check my club face was square at set up. i set up what i thought was square and hit a few then he made me close my club face and every shot went straight! to me it looked like the club was facing behind me. to prove the point he made me close it even more and i pulled a few shots. try it to see if your club face is being left open. really close the face as if to hit it left and see if it goes straight left or bends in the air. just passing on the tips

user16106
Reply : Mon 15th Oct 2012 13:12

See your puttings improving then Ken. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user16106
Reply : Tue 16th Oct 2012 13:51

Evening ruiner. Keep those positive thoughts.... Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user79118
Reply : Tue 16th Oct 2012 22:15

Try putting some tape on your clubface to see where the ball is impacting the club face. I tried this as I was having the same problem and found that although I was addressing the ball in the middle of the club face at impact it was nearer the hosel. My personal cure was to address the ball with it lined up at the toe of the club. This gave me an impact position of central or thereabouts and a much straighter drive. I try and remember this if my irons do the same. Quick on course fix I suppose as it looks like I'm over reaching in my down swing. Anyone know of a cure for this? Over reaching I mean.

user38216
Reply : Thu 18th Oct 2012 21:05

Kenny, set your feet square to the target, set your shoulders square to the target, on your backswing, keep your left arm straight and hinge the wrists to produce a natural swing, finish facing the target, this should work.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top