Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Putter needing grip tape?

Posted by: user80078 | Tue 9th Oct 2012 19:44 | Last Reply

I have acquired a beautiful putter (second hand) with a grip that is shaped well, but is too thin for my liking. I have tried to find a form of tape/wrap to increase the grip size, (by wrapping around the existing grip) but have found only tennis and badminton tape. Does anyone know of a tape specifically designed for putters?

re: Putter needing grip tape?
user52922
Reply : Tue 9th Oct 2012 20:36

That sounds like a real bodge, Michael, do the job properly with a new grip and an extra layer of tape or two.

user80078
Reply : Tue 9th Oct 2012 22:37

As a trained engineer with a 5 year apprenticeship way back in my past John, I dont go in for bodges. However over time and with lots of experience I did learn to make and mend (a Naval term). Your proposition however, has merits and I'll consider what you say. Cheers!

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 9th Oct 2012 23:37

Michael,

I'm with John as I had exactly the same issue as you. I have had a Lambkin 3GEN grip (slightly bigger than standard) fitted with a single layer of black tape and the difference to my putting is amazing. Because I don't have to squeeze the grip my hands are much more relaxed and my putting more consistent. Link to the grips is below

http://www.lamkingrips.com/?r=EBL-3GEN-Paddle-White-and-Black-Midsize

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 10th Oct 2012 08:43
user80078
Reply : Sat 20th Oct 2012 13:36

Job done. Putter grip nicely taped up with supply from Germany. Quite inexpensive, which is nice. Putter looking and feeling great; will try it out on golfing break this coming week. Advice much appreciated.

user80078
Reply : Sat 27th Oct 2012 20:56

Thoroughly enjoyed using taped, expanded putter grip at Windmill Village during break this week. Very fast, sloping greens, but coped well with less wrist action in the putting stroke. Onwards and upwards so they say!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top