Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ryder Cup player ratings - what do you think?

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Thu 4th Oct 2012 19:45 | Last Reply
re: Ryder Cup player ratings - what do you think?
user106712
Reply : Sun 7th Oct 2012 13:48

How can someone (Hanson) score no points yet still get 5/10 surely it should be 0/10. and if someone wins 2/4 then that is 5/10 not 9/10. and 1/4 is 2.5/10 not 7/10 etc. One point is still one point no matter how well or badly he played to get that point.

user250721
Reply : Sun 7th Oct 2012 20:35

Adrian

Maybe in that case I should have just listed the player and next to each name put how many points they won?

For Hanson to pick himself up (read after that he locked himself in a room for 20 mins when he was told he wouldnt be playing on the Saturday so that none of the other players could see his dissapointment) then go out and show supposrt to the rest of the team is worth nothing??

Its about performance, not how many points were scored.

user294839
Reply : Sun 7th Oct 2012 20:57

Are you for real. Team games are about more than "getting points" I.e if poulter only scored 2 points for me he would still get 10 out of 10 #teamplayer

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 7th Oct 2012 20:58

Sorry Adrian, I disagree with you. Luke Donald's point on Sunday was worth much more than one point to Europe, as was Poulter/McIlroy's on Saturday. They gave the team belief that they could do the (almost) impossible.

I agree (mostly) with Matt's assessment and just because a player didn't win any points doesn't mean they didn't contribute

user26342
Reply : Sun 7th Oct 2012 21:21

Adrian, As the others have said, it was about more than points & it was Matts own personal opinion.

Last edit : Sun 7th Oct 2012 21:22
user106712
Reply : Sun 7th Oct 2012 22:15

Ok every point was crucial. so everyone who scored a point gets 10/10 but Hanson still gets 0/10 !!!

If it was one persons opinion why does the title say "what do you think ?" and then tell me that what I think is wrong ?

Last edit : Sun 7th Oct 2012 22:24
user250721
Reply : Sun 7th Oct 2012 22:23

Adrain.

Everones opinion counts and and everyone is entitled to their personal view on things. Sorry if my post come accross a little short, I just felt that you maybe didnt understand the article/ratings given.

user106712
Reply : Sun 7th Oct 2012 22:27

Of course I undertood, I just wanted to shake things up and cause some controversy. Otherwise it would be a boring discussion if everyone agreed with each other ...! :-)

Last edit : Sun 7th Oct 2012 22:28
user99350
Reply : Mon 8th Oct 2012 16:48

This was a team event and we won. Surely that's a full stop. How anyone can comment on individual performances is beyond me. No one wEach one of those players is capable of golf we can only dream of and noone within this forum has any idea of the matchplay dynamic and the pressure that is put upon a Ryder cup player (or pressure he puts upon himself) shot by shot and has to somehow overcome. Isn't it so bloody English to win and still point the finger. They were all heroes, lets leave it at that.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top