Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Handicaps

Posted by: user469358 | Wed 3rd Oct 2012 13:12 | Last Reply

I'm sure this must have been asked many times before but nevertheless being relatively new here I need to ask.

Why is it that my handicap goes down a lot more when I have a good round scoring maybe just below handicap than it goes back up when I have an awful round?

Last week I was at 12.5 playing off 13 when I shot 13 over but scored 38 stableford points ( I had one disastrous hole where I took 9) but also scored well as I made 3 birdies. I didnt expect a change but was dropped to 12.2

Yesterday I played really badly, (wasn't feeling well and it was also quite windy) and shot 91, 21 over par but when I put the score in it only put me back up to 12.3?

Last edit : Wed 3rd Oct 2012 16:41
re: Handicaps
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 3rd Oct 2012 15:13

The UK have a system that only goes up by 0.1 for a bad round and only if you score outside a buffer zone!

On Golfshake we have looked at tweaking our system but members prefer that we provide a system as similar to the UK club system that we can. Thus we have the 0.1 increase.

The US & Europe adopt a rolling averages based system so these will fluctuate a lot more up and down.

re: Handicaps
user469358
Reply : Wed 3rd Oct 2012 16:44

Thanks Darren

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top