Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Your top moment from the 2012 Ryder Cup ?

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 1st Oct 2012 20:12 | Last Reply
re: Your top moment from the 2012 Ryder Cup ?
user16106
Reply : Mon 1st Oct 2012 22:54

Too many to choose from but I did laugh when Furyk thought the putt had gone in on the 16th. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 2nd Oct 2012 12:30

100% agree with you Dan. That sort of thing shows how close the Euro Team are, and why we won on Sunday.

user43763
Reply : Tue 2nd Oct 2012 12:59

When Phill mickleson aplauded Justins putt on the 17th, true sportsmanship even on the brink of what would be the loss of his ryder cup match. all that rivalry, hostile crowds and he still kept his head in the nature of the game, truely gentleman like. BUT WE WON SO NAH NANANA NA :P

user115181
Reply : Tue 2nd Oct 2012 13:33

Mickelson's sportsmanship when Rose holed-out at 17 and again at 18. Incredible in the circumstances and an object lesson in why golf is different from other sports.

It's easy to be sporting and gracious when you have just won but much much harder when you've lost.

user268352
Reply : Tue 2nd Oct 2012 13:47

Poulter's big finish on Saturday night to start the ball rolling is right up there for me.

Mickelson was v sporting I agree, as he always is - but lots of people - including the media - seems to be confusing the holes & applause in the game ... Phil clapped Rose's putt for half on 16. When the long putt went in on 17, Phil stormed off shaking his head

Sorry to be so pedantic!, but it annoys me when people mix up events to make a better story - happens loads with football supporters!

user115181
Reply : Tue 2nd Oct 2012 14:58

I'm sorry to be pedantic too and on 17, the long par 3 over water, Mickelson very nearly chipped-in from the slope at the back of the green, then Rose holed his long putt and Mickelson applauded him. He may have "stormed off" after that but he applauded first.

I wholeheartedly agree that Poulter's five birdies in five holes on Saturday evening was the pivotal episode of the whole contest and was some of the most compelling and dramatic sport I have ever seen.

user417527
Reply : Tue 2nd Oct 2012 17:58

I thought that the applause and thumbs up that Phil Mick gave Rose for his putt at 17 was possibly the most sporting thing I've ever seen, let alone just in this Ryder Cup.

If he did go off shaking his head, and I certainly didn't see that, then I imagine it would be because it's the sort of thing that you just can't allow for. I'd have been shaking my head too.

I thought that Bubba Watson was incredibly gracious in defeat on the Sunday too.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top