Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Multi compound grips

Posted by: user16106 | Thu 27th Sep 2012 18:23 | Last Reply

Just put a new grip on my Driver. A yellow Golf pride multi compond grip. Its 1st class and I want to replace all my irons. Problem is the cost. 1 cost me �7. So another 9 will be �63. My irons are only worth �120 so seems a lot. Has anyone bought a multi compound grip other than golf pride at a more realistic price and been pleased with the results. Yes I know you get what you pay for and at the end of the day its the price of a couple of rounds to get my clubs as id like them. So do I just blow away the moths and bite the bullet? Dave CAC handed Geordie.

re: Multi compound grips
user52922
Reply : Thu 27th Sep 2012 19:14

Dave, buy 9 on ebay, cheap enough, come up for a game with me at Caversham and I will re-grip your irons for you whilst you are here.

user24437
Reply : Thu 27th Sep 2012 19:19

Sharpro are a pretty good alternative Dave, at about �2.00 a go. I fitted some for a mate and he was over the moon with them. I've heard that Avon do one as well for a few pence more but not tried them so can't really comment if they're good or not - although Avon are pretty good when it comes to rubber products

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 27th Sep 2012 20:52

Owen did a piece on golf grips for anyone else interested in some more generic stuff

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/4608/Golf_Grips_Overview.html

user16106
Reply : Thu 27th Sep 2012 22:48

Have had a look at the sharpro Multi and they look similar to the golf pride and also have good reviews although longevity may be a minor issue. But at 30% of the cost they seem a good buy. Would like to here from anyone who has tried them. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user356537
Reply : Fri 28th Sep 2012 07:50

I recently regripped my clubs with G-Rip 'A-Tac' grips - better known for their Feeltech putter grips. I've been delighted with them and would recommend them to anyone looking for new grips. I'm not a fan of vibrant colours on my grips so just went for the black option.

user52922
Reply : Fri 28th Sep 2012 09:05

I am a Lamkin Tour wrap man, a nice soft feel grip.

user16106
Reply : Fri 26th Oct 2012 20:55

Decided to go with the shapro dual compound. Look identical to the golf pride. 9 orange grips �23. Will report back after ive fitted them and had a game. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user16106
Reply : Thu 8th Nov 2012 19:11

Just fitted them today. Took about 1 hour total. some were a right bu99er as they stuck before they were fully on. House stinks of turps. will Play for first time saturday at traditions. Will report back. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top