Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Heavier golf clubs - tips on adapting???

Posted by: user43763 | Thu 27th Sep 2012 13:02 | Last Reply

Hi guys, i recently got fitted for a set of Ping g15 irons, good price and good reviews, i was playing with a set of ping rapture v1 set of irons which felt a lot lighter that the g15's

any tips on adapting to what feels like heavier clubs? im sure with time my muscles will adapt but wondered if anyone had any tips on speeding the process up?

thanks in advance

re: Heavier golf clubs - tips on adapting???
user469358
Reply : Thu 27th Sep 2012 15:07

No tips as such, just stick with it and I'm sure that after a few rounds they will start to feel normal as you become used to them. If it was the other way round and you were changing to lighter clubs you could add some lead tape!

user52922
Reply : Thu 27th Sep 2012 17:38

Alun, I am very surprised that you felt that the new clubs were heavy as they come with a stock standard D0 swing weight when the majority of males would usually have at least a D2 for their irons and possibly more for their woods. In fact I used to use a D7 persimmon driver when I was a better player

user43763
Reply : Thu 27th Sep 2012 17:58

Flipping heck John you must have arms like popoye. The grips are a bit thicker on these so I think that's having a little effect. I was surprised how heavy I find them too because I'm a big lad. Just really want to get back to form because the game is a lot more enjoyable then

user52922
Reply : Thu 27th Sep 2012 19:03

Alun, if you're in South Wales then contact our own David Ley and he will check them out for you I am sure.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top