Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

North v south weather update

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 24th Sep 2012 07:20 | Last Reply

Monday morning 7am update for any travelling up

Course closed, still raining and hopefully we can play some golf but given current rain, course closure & standing water it's 50/50 if we are playing so I would say not worth you travelling

re: North v south weather update
user451055
Reply : Mon 24th Sep 2012 12:22

Feel really bad for you guys. Been checking out the site to make sure the North won - I guess it will all be based on the Sunday Singles scores?

user38216
Reply : Mon 24th Sep 2012 14:46

It should be! Another win for the mighty North. Maybe we should let them win next time just to keep it interesting.

user21179
Reply : Mon 24th Sep 2012 22:04

Darren decided that with the event being cancelled and singles only being tested for the first time, that there would be no result. A fair decision I think. Well played yesterday David, nice little win !

user26342
Reply : Tue 25th Sep 2012 07:31

I think it's fair to void the singles result. What worries me more is that the rounds were taking in excess of 5 hours. I can't understand that in Matchplay? I know the weather would have some impact but not as much as it did!!

user21179
Reply : Tue 25th Sep 2012 10:06

John, the society that went out in-between our groups was very slow. We had taken 55 mins to play the first 3 holes. We had to wait on every teebox until our game got very close and admittedly we took longer on the last couple.

user491339
Reply : Tue 25th Sep 2012 13:38

I didnt suffer the 5hour round on sunday!! as 1 of the first group out, it took us 4hrs 15mins aprx, and thought the singles format is a good idea, makes the game more interesting, i had a good ding dong battle with guy i played against, and i managed to get a nice 2&1 win for south on sunday in my first golf shake comp. shame about weather as i honestly think SOUTH would of won overall if played on the Monday,

user250721
Reply : Tue 25th Sep 2012 18:40

I was the very last group out and I found the best way to avoid a 5 hour round was to win 4&3 and not have to worry about playing 16,17 and 18 ;-)

user38216
Reply : Tue 25th Sep 2012 19:38

Matt, 4 & 3? What happened, did you go easy on him! My match was done on the 12th but I stayed out to give moral support to my partner which resulted in a 1 up win! And yes it was nearly a 6 hour round #knackeredandcold!!

user491339
Reply : Tue 25th Sep 2012 20:26

How can it take you 5 hour round? Was there a lot people looking for balls or taking it to serious and not playing gimmies? maybe spilt tee times could be a idea next time then shouldn't take as long, never known a matchplay to take longer than 4:15, unless they are pros. I hate slow play to a passion, it took me 6hours to play 1 round of club championship this year and I was last out, 12:30hours to play two rounds on a Saturday in a cold/windy June day I was frozen at the end so decided to reduce numbers down could be another idea next time!

user250721
Reply : Tue 25th Sep 2012 22:03

David - I'm such a tease. I let him go 3 up through 5.........

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top