Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

How are you preparing?

Posted by: user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sat 22nd Sep 2012 01:26 | Last Reply

With the big tournament this weekend (the North v South, not the FedEx playoff) I wondered how everyone is preparing for it, or any other big tournament they have coming up. Do you do anything different to a normal club comp or do you not even think about it? My prep has been: -

• Practice session down the range to work on a couple of specifics on Wednesday
  • Practice round for game time Friday
  • Chill out and forget about golf Saturday (mainly cos the wife wants some 'us' time)
  • On the day, some chipping then a couple of dozen balls down the range then 10 mins on the putting green before the game

What's your plans and do they change for a 'big one'?

re: How are you preparing?
user26342
Reply : Sat 22nd Sep 2012 06:49

By practising my swing in the shower!!!!

user21179
Reply : Sat 22nd Sep 2012 08:43

It would have been good to pick up my clubs in the last 2 weeks but work and family commitments have meant otherwise. My preparation will stretch to checking that all my clubs are in the bag before 10 mins on the practise green and 2 or 3 swishes on the first tee.

user77012
Reply : Sat 22nd Sep 2012 10:21

This is the first time I've not been able to put in the hours of practice I would have liked.Usually I would like 2/3 really good sessions before. I feel for the first time a bit vulnerable without the practice and let my guard down and that the Millichips could take advantage! The good news is that last night I managed to get a session in with 10 pints of Guinness, I now realise that I'm a natural and you can't learn this stuff. as for golf a quick warm up with a wedge will be suffice.

Last edit : Sat 22nd Sep 2012 10:25
user38216
Reply : Sat 22nd Sep 2012 11:20

Just been for a 20 mile bike ride, fell off and nearly broke my wrist, just missing a canal by about an inch. Does that count?

user24437
Reply : Sat 22nd Sep 2012 12:06

Just spent an hour checking that I've got the frequency matched on the new improved 'Dead blow �' Mk 2 mass damper system on my putter. Clean clubs, get rest of kit ready. Go out for meal at posh restaurant. Try not to get hangover.

user26342
Reply : Sat 22nd Sep 2012 17:36

Making sure that I've got the right course in my gps!!

Last edit : Sat 22nd Sep 2012 17:37
user77012
Reply : Sat 22nd Sep 2012 20:06

JF that was a classic!! #schoolboyerror Bomber lame excuse on wrist damage we all now its w'#k#rs cramp! and only 20 miles was it worth getting the bike out

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top