Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Winter Golf... here we come...

Posted by: user43166 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Fri 21st Sep 2012 08:26 | Last Reply

Sorry to be the voice of doom but I left the house at 6:00 on Wednesday for an early round dressed in my T-shirt. I went straight back in for my base layer and jacket!!

Winter golf is just round the corner guys. Don't we love it... soggy or frozen fairways, no run on the ball, trying to swing with 5 layers of clothing, avoiding frost bite in the toes.

Must stock up on hand-warmers!!

Last edit : Fri 21st Sep 2012 08:26
re: Winter Golf... here we come...
user80078
Reply : Fri 21st Sep 2012 11:26

I love winter golf, especially early mornings. Our course gets very little wear so is in good shape going into winter. We never have to cope with winter greens or mats. Makes a big! big! difference to one's enjoyment. I might add that the coffee laced with brandy helps.

user487331
Reply : Fri 21st Sep 2012 15:12

I like a bit of winter golf although neither of my clubs have temp greens so its all good.

user451055
Reply : Fri 21st Sep 2012 15:17

Plan A to get me through the winter season is to invest in a thermal cup for my brandy laced coffee. That and spending Nov and Dec in New Zealand to make the winter seem a lot shorted

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 21st Sep 2012 17:21

This last week at work I have noticed how cold it is getting once the sun goes down. Also, how quickly it is getting dark now.

I'm off to Florida for two weeks tomorrow and fully expect it to be absolutely freezing when I get back!

user38216
Reply : Fri 21st Sep 2012 19:36

I love winter golf, less busy, crisp mornings.

user410273
Reply : Fri 21st Sep 2012 20:31

Yep, its on the way. I filled my hip flask up this morning for the first time since Mar/April

user43166
Reply : Mon 24th Sep 2012 12:23

All these people jetting off to sunnier climes. Nice!!

Still a bit of life left in the "summer". Saturday was gorgeous and my golf was a little better after a few dismal rounds.

Bring on the brandy!!

user43763
Reply : Tue 25th Sep 2012 13:02

In south wales down by the coast... just bought myself a new electric trolley, well, the barrell of wiskey wont pull itself ;p

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top