Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

How many rounds is my Handicap based on!

Posted by: user12272 | Tue 25th Sep 2007 10:44 | Last Reply

Hi

My golfing colleagues are questioning my current handicap. If I include ALL my rounds in the Handicap Tracker, at what point does it ignore the earlier rounds? They believe I should be playing off less, on my current form. I think it will only look at the latest rounds but I would like some clarification!

Thanks

re: How many rounds is my Handicap based on!
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 26th Sep 2007 20:35

Unlike Europe and the US the UK handicap is based on a round by round basis so will  be highly accurate. The flaw is when your handicap increases but that is another story.

Having checked you stats page your handicap looks spot on.  You may have shot 40+ points 3 times but you have had a 4 shot handicap drop.

Further information on the golf handicap information page.

Regards, Darren.

user52922
Reply : Wed 26th Sep 2007 20:44

If his handicap were highly accurate, as you put it, then he should not have shot 40 points.

John

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 26th Sep 2007 21:01

The handicap system in simple terms should in theory reduce a persons handicap  when getting 36 points plus. 

Have you seen his stats  ? There is nothing wrong with 40 points this reduced his handicap by 4 strokes each time.  In theory he should level out with the next few rounds and the 40 points should stop unless his golf continues to progress.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top