Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

swing path

Posted by: user264257 | Mon 17th Sep 2012 09:38 | Last Reply

Hi i recently had a lesson with a pro to work on my driver my driver is going left then with a massive swing to to the right. My swing path back is correct then down swing is outside the path of the ball. There for my impact is hitting the ball left and with my face open it makes the ball spin too the right. So by the end of my lesson i was driving longer straight and if anything a little right to left perfect, played on saturday looking forward to driving well. This didnt happen i had one drive out of 10 which was perfect 318yds in the middle on a massive par5 which i birded. I am asking if any one knows any drills or tips to help Thanks.

re: swing path
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 17th Sep 2012 10:29

Awesome tip from one of the Golfshake Partner Pros which is a '3 ball slice drill'

http://www.golfshake.com/improve/view/4097/Video_3_Ball_Slice_Drill.html

user487331
Reply : Mon 17th Sep 2012 10:48

My advice would be to keep seeing your PGA pro rather than to ask advice from people who cant see you swing and dont have the qualifications to sort it out. Sounds like he fixed it once so you may find that you are not following his advice 100% when on the course?

user264257
Reply : Mon 17th Sep 2012 10:52

I did try but the pro got me in to the grove and when i played i couldnt seem to find a flow for it, i guess i was trying very hard too as i knew i done it all ready.

user487331
Reply : Mon 17th Sep 2012 11:10

Do you always warm up on the range before you play? I'm just thinking that maybe hitting ball after ball with the pro got you into that groove? If you just go out cold you are unlikely to reproduce that.

user264257
Reply : Mon 17th Sep 2012 13:08

Hi Rob i all ways make a point of strecting and warming propley be for a start a round i did how ever warm up on the range for 30 minutes before i started with the pro too, but i woke up with a stiff left arm on saturday morning im right handed and i couldnt free it off all round. So i think with that and trying to hard didint help the course. I get told that i try to hard a lot and to enjoy it more lol i just want6 to do well.

user487331
Reply : Mon 17th Sep 2012 13:31

Do you think anyone ever said that to Tiger or Rory? There's nothing wrong with practicing and wanting to improve. Its a difficult game to enjoy when you're playing army golf so I'd say you're doing the right things, keep it up and you'll get there in the end!

user264257
Reply : Mon 17th Sep 2012 14:10

Thanks mate ill get there because i want to get there too.

user217280
Reply : Thu 8th Nov 2012 18:06

One thing I always do when trying to groove something in my swing is, on the practice swing, swing the club much slower so you can groove the path, you will then be able to start changing the muscle memory you have built up, if you swing to hard you will go back to what you have always done, also try not to think of the ball when you are practicing swing path only the path of the club, let the club head pick up the ball on its way through impact, you are probably focusing on the result and not the execution, when you are out on the course, so you subconsciuosly go back to what you known, remember you are trying to break a habbit when changing anything in your swing, eventually it will become second nature.

user99350
Reply : Fri 9th Nov 2012 13:52

After your lesson with the pro, stay on the practice area and keep playing the shot, do it again the next day. So often I see people having had a lesson, professing they have a 'new swing' which looked the same as last Saturday. Lessons can be a double edged sword.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top