Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Am i coming over the top

Posted by: user43763 | Mon 10th Sep 2012 14:37 | Last Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDIYRGgVeaI

I hope that link works, it's my first video and I was wondering if I was coming over the top. I tend to hit a high fade with the driver and I've been trying to flatten out my swing but I'm not sure why. In the video I have a massive over swing on the back, so I'm not worried about that. All opinions wanted please. Thanks in advance for any help or fuidance

Last edit : Tue 11th Sep 2012 12:46
re: Am i coming over the top
user125027
Reply : Tue 11th Sep 2012 12:35

I can't comment on the swing but I'm loving the related videos though, not heard "My Shirona" for years.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 11th Sep 2012 13:05

The flight of your golf ball will tell you everything you need to know.

if you aim up the middle of the fairway and your golf ball starts left of that then you are coming over the top. If you ball fades back to the fairway then you've come over the top and your clubface is open at impact.

There is a good diagram somewhere but I haven't got time to look for it, hopefully somebody will be able to find it.

Russ

user38216
Reply : Tue 11th Sep 2012 20:14

Alun, I think you are a little bit too upright, don't crouch over but set your legs a bit which will also help flatten you a bit!

user43763
Reply : Tue 11th Sep 2012 20:22

This is something i have been struggling with, i thought my swing was a little vertical but im unsure how to flatten it out or even how much flatter it should be. what do you mean by set my legs? thanks for the replies guys

user16106
Reply : Tue 11th Sep 2012 20:28

Alun, a good tip I heard was a good setup is similar to the stance you would take if you were in goal about to save a penalty. Loose limbed and springy legs but not too low. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user43763
Reply : Tue 11th Sep 2012 20:36

thanks dave ill try that in the range tomorrow, any tips on how flat i should be aiming to get it?

user16106
Reply : Tue 11th Sep 2012 20:52

If you mean your swing plane. It looks ok in my humble opinion. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 11th Sep 2012 21:13

Sys update: Link updated to that it auto embeds

You should just be able to watch now.

user43763
Reply : Tue 11th Sep 2012 21:17

oh thanks, did i do something wrong?

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 11th Sep 2012 21:33

Nope, I've just updated the system

user77012
Reply : Tue 11th Sep 2012 21:34

Alun , to much weight retained on your right side , feel pressure on the outside of your left foot through impact, the swing plane looks quite good. You'll see at the end of swing you bring your shoulders forward they should already be there, good luck.

Last edit : Tue 11th Sep 2012 22:20
user43763
Reply : Tue 11th Sep 2012 22:00

i think i see what you mean, im not transferring my weight through to the end of the swing? not sure what you mean by bringing shoulders forward though, is it after ive hit it and brought the club down, then as im about to walk away i bring my shoulders forward? any ideas how i can fix this? thanks dave appreciate the feedback

user77012
Reply : Tue 11th Sep 2012 22:47

Alun , I meant retaining weight on right side (edited now) , you should feel solid on your left leg through impact to finish ,but you are keeping your weight on the right . This is evident as I can see you left foot lifting through impact and your upper body leaning away from target causing you to hit across the ball. Good idea, put more weight into left leg at address and keep adding throughout swing, that applies to all clubs. They tell/teach you to hit a driver on the way up this is BS unless your longdrive competitor nearly all pro's if not all hit down on a driver.

user43763
Reply : Tue 11th Sep 2012 23:15

I'm so glad you just said that, I have never understood how to hit it on the up swing. I'm gonna pop to the range tomorrow and work on getting my balance right and top stop leaning back on impact. I'll update tomorrow. Really appreciate the help face thanks

user99350
Reply : Wed 12th Sep 2012 16:19

Alun, you certainly don't hold back. I notice that your head drops at impact..could explain the height and there is a slight out to in swing.

user43763
Reply : Wed 12th Sep 2012 16:41

Oh thanks Patrick. Any tips to help stop the out to in? Thanks again

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 12th Sep 2012 16:55

Great video here from one of the Golfshake partner Pros

http://www.golfshake.com/improve/view/4097/Video_3_Ball_Slice_Drill.html

user43763
Reply : Wed 12th Sep 2012 20:19

hey guys just a quick update, didnt make it to the range but i hit a few balls into my net out the back and.... i found bending my knees more DEFINATLY helped a lot. i found it allowed my swing to be a lot flatter naturally if that makes sense, i found myself being more stable and that my head didnt bob as much. i also found it helped my rotation and made it a lot easier to get to the finishing pose with my shoulders forward, it felt like to get to the finish position i had to push out with my right leg to get forward and this brought my shoulders more forward. obviously without seeing the ball flight its difficult to see if ive actually made any progress but i definatly feel more confident. Just want to say a MASSIVE thanks to everyone who posted and ill pop another video up as soon as i can (because im now addicted to the forum and getting free help :p) Thanks again guys you all helped loads,

user38216
Reply : Thu 13th Sep 2012 20:36

Anytime mate.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top