Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf Club Not Sorting Out My Handicap

Posted by: user201647 | Sun 9th Sep 2012 20:18 | Last Reply

In July I was in Faldow Wedge I came 5th out of 110 juniors, that was 7 weeks ago golf club not taken if off my handicap my mum phoned up Essex Union they said that it was on the computer and handicap secretary has to take if of computer nothing been done yet, I'm fed up I came 5fh and I want my handicap sorted, we phoned up the handicap secretary she is never in so left a message for her told her what Essex union told us still not sorted. Do you think that we should contact Essex union to ask them to check that score is on the system and if it is say that club is not updating my handicap

re: Golf Club Not Sorting Out My Handicap
user201647
Reply : Sun 9th Sep 2012 20:52

Junior Orginsers just keep telling me not to worry about my handicap but I fell if I played well in a comp I deserve to get my handicap put down

user16106
Reply : Sun 9th Sep 2012 21:08

Nat, I take it you shot way below your handicap and you are going to get a huge drop? Is that the case ? Or do you get a drop for coming 5th regardless of score? Well done for coming 5th anyway. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user201647
Reply : Sun 9th Sep 2012 21:20

39 points 3 under my handicap this summer I have been going up and down doing well in a few junior opens and badly in more so my handicap is the same as at the beginning of the summer if I can get cut from my 39 points I will go down to 11 am a 12 at the moment last week shot 40 points in club comps so went down to 11.4 but sum junior open results came in so went up to 12 again was 12.4 before last weeks comp was in a club comp today got 34 points. I think next year will not go into so many junior opens play the clubs I know I do well and go into lots of my clubs comps seem to got stuck at 12 when I regularly go round in 8 over like I did last week in club comp if I had not gone into so many comps would be a 8 now so don't know what to do, at least if I could get my Faldow Wedge score in that would be a help

user16106
Reply : Sun 9th Sep 2012 21:30

What is this "Faldow wedge" ? Is it part of the Faldo Junior series founded by our own Sir Nick. Nat what is your goal for the near future. Is there a "prize" for getting your hadicap down to say single figures? Do you qualify for more comps or rise to a higher cat junior in a league? Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user201647
Reply : Sun 9th Sep 2012 21:46

Faldow Wedge is a Essex County Junior Team Comp there are 4 team players the 4 scores are added up and higest team score wins as Nick comes from Essex he gave a wedge for clubs who win to keep for a yesr then there are the individual scores which I came 5th out of 110 boys. If I can get my handicap to about a 7 or 8 I can go into adult comps like the Chigwell Bowl which you have to be a 8 handicap. I want to be a golf coach so want to take things further I am 15 now there are boys my age scratch and 4 handicaps I can play to a 7 or 8 handicap so just have to play to that level in comps it just dose not help when I do get a good score that handicap secretary dose not take the score off the system.

user355541
Reply : Sun 9th Sep 2012 22:09

Nathaniel

I've had a look at your handicap record on Masterscoreboard and the results of the Faldo Wedge at Nazeing on the Essex Golf Union website. The Faldo wedge was a qualifier with Par 72, Css 72 so your 39 points should have given a 0.6 reduction but it has not been entered on your record. Also your score at Wanstead on August 21 has been entered twice (unless you played twice in the same day with the exact same score) so you have had an extra 0.1 increase. I'm pretty certain that Essex Golf Union uploaded the Nazeing results to the Central Database of Handicaps so the problems lie with whoever runs handicaps at your club. I know it must be difficult for you at your age to rattle cages at your club but somebody needs to do it - armed with the facts. Is there a Junior Organiser who can do this for you?

user201647
Reply : Sun 9th Sep 2012 22:12

This is the Faldow Wedge results it there to see my results so why can my golf club not sort out my handicap http://www.essexgolfunion.org/files/essexgolfunion.org/Competitions/Results/Faldo_Wedge_Results_2012.pdf

user201647
Reply : Sun 9th Sep 2012 22:22

Talked to junior Orginser he told my Mum to talk to handicap sec she could not get hold of her so left her a message told her she had to get the score of the system, she is hopeless but as its an unpaid role it depends who wants to do it. I play for my clubs adult second team we have got thought to the finals of Lesley Wood Plate won 3 out of 5 matches so know that I am a good player or would not be playing for the adult team just fed up that I am playing of a higher handicap than I should be

user356537
Reply : Sun 9th Sep 2012 22:57

Nat, under the CONGU rules you have to cut your own handicap if a score has not been processed so you should be playing off what you think your handicap should be if the missing score had been processed. If you play in a competition off a handicap that is too high (because you haven't cut yourself) you are liable to be disqualified.

Note, the same does not hold true for handicap increases. You have to wait for the handicap secretary to process these and update your handicap record.

Good luck getting this sorted out. No excuse for this sort of a delay on the part of the handicap secretary at your club even if they are a volunteer. Over the summer months I have to go to the club 3 or 4 times a week to process the scores from the various junior opens. It's part of the (unpaid) job!

Richard

user201647
Reply : Mon 10th Sep 2012 08:14

When I was at a few junior open comps I asked what handicap I had to use and was told I had to use the handicap that was on the computer was not allowed to use my right handicap so what can I do when I can not get my right handicap on the computer. I know it's my club which has to do it I am going to get my mum to phone up Essex Golf Union to ask them to check that they have put it on the system and if they have she will phone up the club and complain about it

user355541
Reply : Mon 10th Sep 2012 11:12

Nathaniel

Both the Junior Organiser and the Handicap Secretary, whether paid or volunteers, are acting on behalf of your club committee and should be acting together on behalf of members. It's outrageous that they are suggesting that your mum should be chasing up the County Union - that is their job. Anyway I'm sure there is no chasing up to be done. Having published the Faldo Wedge result on their website, I am absolutely certain that Essex County Union will have uploaded to CDH and your club, using Handicapmaster, will have been prompted to accept the result onto your handicap record. Somebody needs to knock together the heads of the Junior Organiser and Handicap Secretary. Do you have a Club Secretary - he/she should be doing the knocking together.

user201647
Reply : Mon 10th Sep 2012 16:41

Got in touch with Essex they said there was some trouble and the results of Faldow Wedge could not be put on the system my golf club has to go on Essex site and manualy put the score on so hopefully pro will do that today so should be a 10.5 so now got to play well and get to down to a 10 then will be easier to get to a 9.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top