Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hanbury Manor & Breakfast en route...

Posted by: user43166 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 3rd Sep 2012 12:36 | Last Reply

I'm off for a weekend at Hanbury Manor this weekend. 2 things spring to mind...

1) Any thoughts on the course? Any tips?

2) I'm always on the look out for a "decent" breakfast on the way up. By decent, I mean a good old fashioned truck stop. Have found the Junction 26 truck stop but does anyone know a decent place heading from M25 up M11 and through Harlow?

Cheers...

re: Hanbury Manor & Breakfast en route...
user250721
Reply : Mon 3rd Sep 2012 16:41

If you come off the M11 at Harlow and head towards Epping (first exit if coming from London direction) there is a cafe on the right hand side less than a mile past the MacDonnalds, not sure what it is called although Keys Cafe springs to mind. Never been in it though.

user43166
Reply : Tue 4th Sep 2012 08:40

Thanks Matt. I've taken a ride down google streetview but all I can find is Poppy's cafe in Epping. Think I'll take my chance at J26 truck stop.

Anyone had any experiences of Hanbury Manor - good or bad?

user250721
Reply : Tue 4th Sep 2012 15:37

I know Poppys very well, used to work on the high street. proper greasy spoon. but as you say. quite a way down.

Ive not played at Hanbury but my misses used to work there. Only ever hear good reports.

user41192
Reply : Thu 6th Sep 2012 09:22

Cross Keys Cafe Matt. Pass it a lot, but never been inside.

user41192
Reply : Thu 6th Sep 2012 09:25

As for the course, my good lady got me a red letter day there which was a days coaching withe pro on different aspects of the game. Sadly this did not include a round of golf! Looked lovely though.

user43166
Reply : Tue 18th Sep 2012 08:27

Thanks for the advice guys. I went for the Junction 26 Truck Stop in the end which didn't disappoint. Proper truckers stop, just off the motorway. I did look a bit of a tw*t in my golf gear though!!!

Shame about the golf... I played like a pudding all weekend. Course was good - knee-high rough very penal which doesn't help when you are having an off day.

Bar prices rediculous!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top