Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

My game has Taken a big dive!

Posted by: user41192 | Mon 3rd Sep 2012 00:44 | Last Reply

So so frustrated. Have played a hell of a lot of golf this year and it has generally improved, cutting my handicap by 3 shots. Up until about two weeks ago I could do no wrong, hitting greens in reg and even hitting my personal best which had me on a high. Then all of a sudden, bang, it's gone. Not just a one off bad round but consistently bad over 3 to 4 rounds. One thing I have noticed recently is that I have generally felt tired, but still very eager to get out and play. I played last Friday with friends and after about 7 holes I felt absolutely drained to the point that it became an effort rather than a relaxing game of golf. I am up most mornings for work at 5 and coupled with a lot of golf think I have burnt myself out. So on that note have decided to take a break from golf for the next three weeks. God, it hurts just saying it!!! It's the only thing I can think of that will help. The only problem is, I bloody love this game.

As anybody had to do this or is it best just to keep going in the hope it's just a blip?

re: My game has Taken a big dive!
user24437
Reply : Mon 3rd Sep 2012 00:48

Well it happens to all of us mate. It has been humid lately which does tend to drain you. It sounds like you're just tired. My advice is to give up work.

user41192
Reply : Mon 3rd Sep 2012 10:12

That would be ideal Tim, sadly I have to live in the real world!

user250721
Reply : Mon 3rd Sep 2012 16:44

Give up work....love it.

Went through it myself not too long ago John. As you know I love my golf!!

I said to myself I'd have a 3 week break. After 10 days I missed it so much and went out and shot a decent score.

Have a break until you feel your ready to go again!

user38216
Reply : Mon 3rd Sep 2012 19:58

I think you just have to accept inconsistency unless you play 4-5 times a week, I was one under gross over 5 holes yesterday but then double, double. These things happen!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top