Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ist links experience and new low score

Posted by: user430457 | Fri 31st Aug 2012 16:35 | Last Reply

I recently fulfilled one of my more modest ambitions and played Borth & Ynyslas golf course. Founded in 1885 it is one of the oldest courses in Wales. We holiday here frequently so had driven through the course many times, yes, the main road divides the course into 2 sections, hence my hesitation in playing here, particluarly when the sea is the other boundary!

I found they do a 'twilight' rate of �20 which meant I didn't have to donate too many body parts.

Stunning scenery by the sea, difficult not to get distracted and the wind was a killer.

The course was in superb condition and the greens were stunning; perhaps not surprsingly i made some really good putts including a cracker to par the 18th in view of the clubhouse.

I found i'd shot my best ever score of 85, 15 over par but 6 less than my previous Golfshake handicap; think i was just in the moment.

Well chuffed.

re: Ist links experience and new low score
user80078
Reply : Fri 31st Aug 2012 17:52

Congratulations Paul. I have played some lovely links courses over the years and consider links golf a good challenge. I'll never forget playing the Old Course at St Andrews. Well done on the score!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top