Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Unlucky 13th

Posted by: user689 | Mon 27th Aug 2012 18:56 | Last Reply

I was recently playing a round at Dewstow Chepstow and thought i share this with you. I was not having the best of rounds, My driving was all over the place, but i dont hit the ball far so i usually persist with it as you cant fix a problem with the club in the bag! We got to the 13th hole, and it looked staright forward 290 par 4 . For the big hitters probably drivable,but it was tree lined and going right or left and there was only trouble so i decided i would just hit my 4 iron. And i hit a peach straight down the middle, more than happy. My fellow player ( 8 handicap) steps on the tee to smash a driver confiedent he wont be far from the green. he hits a what only can be desribed as a sharp slice just catching my bag. I saw my headcover fall off only to realised as i picked it up when i walked to my bag it had the head of my G20 driver still in it. The ball had missed all the clubs and caught the driver just below the cover and broke it so clean it looked like it had been hacksawed off. not a splint. I was gutted, but what are the odds of that ? the bag was next to a buggy and where any player would leave theirs. I went on to par that hole and i didnt do that much all day. On the plus side when it was sent off to ping they reshafted it for nothing thats what i call customer service. anyone else had a simlar expierence ?

re: Unlucky 13th
user451055
Reply : Tue 28th Aug 2012 13:05

Not completely sure but isn't that a 2 shot penalty against you if your playing partner hits your bag?

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 28th Aug 2012 15:22

Happened to a buddy at the weekend but thankfully nothing broke and hitting the club head/cover made sure it didn't hit him!

He's off to get some golf insurance this week

user38216
Reply : Tue 28th Aug 2012 17:23

I came close to taking one in the face this weekend and I was standing 20 yards immediately left of my playing partner! Just saw a flash of white going past my eyes!

user689
Reply : Tue 28th Aug 2012 19:09

Well there was much discussion over wether it is a penalty shots. but i believe the ruling in no penalty as i was single strokeplay and he hit my bag not his own. on being hit by a a ball it has only happened once. my leg swelled up like a ballon and a few players thought it was funny, until they realised i couldnt drive the mini bus back !!

user451055
Reply : Wed 29th Aug 2012 14:44

Cool - you learn something new... I thought it was the opposition where you get a penalty not your own - will file that away for another time!

user689
Reply : Wed 29th Aug 2012 21:05

Yes Judy, but in this game think you can learn a rule everytime you go out and still get in a situation were you just not sure lol

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top