Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Do you rate our chances of retaining the Ryder Cup?

Posted by: user77012 | Mon 20th Aug 2012 21:04 | Last Reply

I personally think it will be a tall order ,but I hope we do, 2012's been all about sport and retaining would top the year off.

re: Do you rate our chances of retaining the Ryder Cup?
user16106
Reply : Mon 20th Aug 2012 21:27

Man for man it looks like the tightest ryder cup ever. Should go right to the wire. Monty predicts a draw. As long as we keep hold of it. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user356537
Reply : Mon 20th Aug 2012 22:27

I think we will do just fine. Not because we have the best golfers but because we have the best team. Remember, there is no 'I' in team!

user61256
Reply : Tue 21st Aug 2012 06:54

Europe need to make the best of the fourballs and foursomes, not good going into Sunday's singles drawing or behind with the crowd and the individual's they have..

user26342
Reply : Wed 22nd Aug 2012 11:59

I think currently there are no 'rookies' in the team that picks itself which can only be a good thing as prior experience will be essential. I think we will hold on to it.......just!

user26342
Reply : Wed 22nd Aug 2012 11:59

I think currently there are no 'rookies' in the team that picks itself which can only be a good thing as prior experience will be essential. I think we will hold on to it.......just!

user410273
Reply : Thu 23rd Aug 2012 13:12

I think its our best team for many years, unlike the US team which I think is one of their weakest...

user331868
Reply : Sat 25th Aug 2012 19:09

I think the bookies have it about right, Americans 5/6 Europeans 5/4, should be a close contest.

user469358
Reply : Tue 28th Aug 2012 13:17

I think it will be tough and I personally dont see too much weekness in the US team. As far as I can see they have maybe 3 rookies and 2 of them are recent Major winners and bang in form so don't expect them to choke. Also it is always tough over there with the crowd usually behaving in a disgustingly ignorant manner, often actually trying to put our players off with things like shouting during the backswing. I can't see it being any different this time. Probably best hope is a draw.

Last edit : Thu 13th Sep 2012 19:17
user369251
Reply : Tue 4th Sep 2012 15:21

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the only Ryder Cup USA have won recently the one where Woods wasn't in the team due to injury? Woods is in, Europe to win.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 4th Sep 2012 15:48

Wildcards now picked - Dustin Johnson, Jim Furyk, Brandt Snedeker and Steve Stricker

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/4556/Ryder_Cup_Line_ups_near_completion.html

user52922
Reply : Tue 4th Sep 2012 18:36

Four great wildcards to strengthen the team no end.

user80078
Reply : Tue 4th Sep 2012 19:43

The 4 wildcards are probably their strongest players when it comes to Ryder Cup. It will be a close but exciting match, with Europe to get home by the odd point.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top