Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

What a strange day!

Posted by: user16106 | Mon 20th Aug 2012 18:04 | Last Reply

Went to play wildwoods near guilford yesterday. Nothing strange there I hear you say. Very warm day, not a very good display from myself. Got on the 9th tee and see a few flashes of lightning and a rumble of thunder. Got to the green right next to the club house and the foghorn went off. We had to go in for about 40 mins till the storm blew over. Went back out, still very warm after a few more lost balls. We got to the 17th tee and an incredible roar from the sky. We looked up and the fantastic sight was a vulcan bomber at about 300ft gliding over the course then a power climb to about 5000ft then a dive then a 90 deg bank. We had our own personal air display for about 20 mins. Its one of the most incredible sights ive seen. And I only went out for a game of golf. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

Last edit : Mon 20th Aug 2012 18:05
re: What a strange day!
user338942
Reply : Mon 20th Aug 2012 18:11

sounds stunning!! I've played a couple of times when the Sunderland airshow has been on and you see all sorts flying over.

user80078
Reply : Mon 20th Aug 2012 19:14

The vulcan flew right over my house near Lincoln yesterday. Fantastic sight!

user24437
Reply : Mon 20th Aug 2012 23:23

Well Dave, it wasn't just a Vulcan bomber mate - it was the only flying Vulcan bomber, XH558. It's only just got back in the air after an explosion that threatened it's very existence. You are incredibly lucky and I'm jealous.

user16106
Reply : Tue 21st Aug 2012 11:13

Tim I looked it up on UTube and it looks the same. They are have a festival of speed cars, panes etc at Dunsfold aerodrome this weekend and they were practicing there tricks. Apparently wildwoods golf club is a fantastic vantage point and gets packed when the air displays are on. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top