Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Swing analysis- too costly or worth the price?

Posted by: user458798 | Mon 20th Aug 2012 12:31 | Last Reply

Hi all,

I've recently picked up and started this wonderful game once again. I've been to the driving range a few times and played a couple of rounds of golf recently. I'm looking to completely re-address my game and want to make sure I (re)start off on the right foot.

As a result I'm looking for golf memberships, tuition and any kind of training that will help me. I know of the Central London Golf Centre which do 10 pro lessons for �99 (not including range balls), but I've also looked into forking out the big money for 10 lessons with video analysis through either N1 or Swing Academy- Swing Academy is just shy of �500 for in effect 11 lessons - one starter and 10 adjusting lessons.

I've not looked into it in too much detail but has anyone else got experience or an opinion on this. Is it worth it? Would you advise it? and if you've done the more expensive options did it help more then any standard pro lessons?

Thanks for any replies

re: Swing analysis- too costly or worth the price?
user356537
Reply : Tue 21st Aug 2012 07:29

Hi Richard, they are hard to find now but if you can get a Casio Exlim EX-FH100 camera they are great for golf swing analysis. They have the option to capture video at 120 fps (and above) which is great for analysis. It's amazing how much you do yourself to improve your swing when you can see what are doing in slow motion.

re: Swing analysis- too costly or worth the price?
user451055
Reply : Tue 21st Aug 2012 07:52

If you have an iphone or android phone there are plenty of golf swing analysis apps you can get for just a few pounds. My husband uses a couple of iphone apps to record and analyse his swing and it helps him hugely. The number of hours I have to spend standing behind him on the practice range..... I notice that our Pros are now all using ipads to record people's swings in lessons now. a year ago they all had expensive cameras and software.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top