Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Putters

Posted by: user481043 | Fri 17th Aug 2012 17:33 | Last Reply

I dont like my putter(It came with the set),im going to get another one.

I`m good at putting (other peoples comments) the only part of the game i am ok with !!!

So what putter do you have in your bag and why ?

re: Putters
user389585
Reply : Fri 17th Aug 2012 22:16

I have ping anser in series . I like this one for feeling and good looking :-) But seriusly when i went to buy putter i tested lots of them and with ping i feel perfect.

user459944
Reply : Sat 18th Aug 2012 13:30

have had about 6 different putters but still happy with my first one a Donnay 6 series putter, scores keep tumbling down so if it aint broke no point in fixing it, AN, if your good at putting and your scores are low why change the one you have??

user255809
Reply : Sun 19th Aug 2012 14:09

Hey guys,

I've been considering getting a new putter. However, I'm scared of changing from my 10 year old Donnay putter I found in my mums garage. Does a good putter actually help your score or is it just marketing talk?

Cheers Steve

user338942
Reply : Sun 19th Aug 2012 17:27

Marketing for me. I've had the same putter for 8/9 years and just adjusted the putter to my needs as I've gone along i.e. grip changes for changes in feel and shortened to 28"

user24437
Reply : Sun 19th Aug 2012 22:46

It's all personal choice really. If you find one that suits you, get it. If that means paying a couple of hundred pounds for one and it works then fine, on the other hand if you find one for 50p in a charity shop and it works that's just as good. Just don't fall for the hype of the manufacturers claims that you can buy a game, you can't.

My brother is probably the best putter I know and he still uses the brass job he stole from a crazy golf course in Clacton in the mid seventies.

Me? I still use an old Ram Spider I got with my first full set. It's been modified extensively, had bits chopped off and weights added, it's been shortened and been mass dampened. And it's blue. But it's mine and it works (most times) for me.

user459944
Reply : Mon 20th Aug 2012 18:07

its a bugger when you do that AN, i did the same, got rid of the first set of clubs i had and put the putter in with it to, fortunately a friend had a spare, bugger charged me a tenner for it though but at least i got me ole putter back, you cant beat the cheap & nastys

user127691
Reply : Wed 22nd Aug 2012 14:09

I've brought loads, still got loads at least 7 in the cupboard some worth a couple of hundred quid. Best thing to do is just get one that feels nice and you feel comfertable with, latest putter cost �59 and is my favourite. I would advise getting the length adjusted though, this is what eventuially helped me turn the corner with my putting I'm 6ft 1" but have got longish arms so now use a 31.5" putter as opposed to the standard 35" and this has helpeed me get over the ball so much better.

user469358
Reply : Tue 28th Aug 2012 15:32

This could be the answer, very nice putter.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140837979909?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top