Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Can Anyone Remember.......

Posted by: user356537 | Fri 17th Aug 2012 13:17 | Last Reply

..... a worse summer for golf than this one has been?

I don't think I can.

Should have been playing a practice round with my son at Kedleston Park this afternoon ready for the Kedleston Goose on Sunday but, yet again, it's pouring down.

Richard

re: Can Anyone Remember.......
user356537
Reply : Fri 17th Aug 2012 13:55

It's my son (also a Dan) who is playing in the competition, I was just tagging along for the practice round!

We didn't play because it's a 2.5 hour round trip and, given the forecast, I didn't want to pay �60 to play golf in the rain. It's not that I'm a fair weather golfer - I just don't like having to pay to get wet!

To be fair, most of his competitive golf is played 'blind' and it never seems to do him any harm - in fact, sometimes the opposite seems to be true.

Where do you play Dan?

Richard

user80078
Reply : Fri 17th Aug 2012 14:58

I am 65 in a couple of weeks Richard and I can honestly say I can't remember a summer like it (particularly for the golf). My local course is brutal at present and we despair of missing a fairway as it means an almost certain lost ball. I suppose one could argue that there is a valuable lesson in there about keeping it on the cut stuff, but it is particularly galling to lose a ball when only a few inches into the rough. It's just no fun, but do we stop? Of course not!! We love the game too much to stop.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 17th Aug 2012 15:39

I've just read a few industry reports which specifically mentioned how the season had started well compared to 2011 given the economic climate but once we hit April we had:

• April wettest month on record
  • May unseasonably unsettled
  • June coolest since 1991 and wettest since 1860

and to think July wasn't much better!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top