Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

help please?

Posted by: user437159 | Thu 16th Aug 2012 15:21 | Last Reply

played in a junior open yesterday at Fairhaven GC. It works out my handicap should come down 0.6 (shot 2 under CSS) How do i adjust my handicap at my club? I dont have the official card but im sure i could get a copy if required. So.. how do i tell my club and get my handicap adjusted accordingly?

re: help please?
user356537
Reply : Thu 16th Aug 2012 15:40

Liam, well played!

You should not need to do anything at all. The chances are the sytem at Fairhaven will link to the CDH and your handicap will be automatically updated. If they don't they will make a manual return to your club as they are required to do under the CONGU rules.

Just remember, if you play in any competition you are repsonsible for cutting your own handicap even if your club's record has been updated yet.

Richard

user437159
Reply : Thu 16th Aug 2012 15:55

thanks Richard! how will i know once my handicap gets cut? HowDidIDo?

user355541
Reply : Thu 16th Aug 2012 17:46

Richard

CONGU do not require the club running the Open competition to report results back to the Home club - it is the player's responsibility to do so. If the club is active on CDH, then I assume the results will be uploaded to CDH but that cannot be guaranteed.

Liam,

I am surprised that you knew the CSS for the competition. Did you mean SSS? The CSS is not known until the full results are published (there may also be a separate CSS for Away players). In the absence of knowledge of CSS, you need, before you play another qualifier (home or away), to reduce your own handicap based on SSS. Your Handicap Secretary will advise you if you ask him/her.

user437159
Reply : Thu 16th Aug 2012 18:06

James, the results have been published on Fairhaven's website. It shows the CSS was 75 for boys and 76 for gir. (Par 73) I am awhere you have a lot of knowledge of the handicap rules. please could you tell me what i have to do on my behalf in order to make my club awhere of my scores and any handicap adjustments.

user355541
Reply : Thu 16th Aug 2012 19:36

Liam

Just a very tiny problem if you don't have a copy of your scorecard. Your home club needs to know the CSS and your adjusted score - any hole where you scored more than the score which would have attracted one stableford point is reduced to that level (complicated, isn't it?). I'm fairly sure that you won't have such an adjusted score as you seem to be playing very well. I am also fairly sure that Fairhaven will upload to CDH, so you needn't worry unless you are due to play a qualifier in the very near future.

user437159
Reply : Thu 16th Aug 2012 19:58

one problem. I'm in another junior open on saturday! do you think they'll upload by then? im not sure how to access the CDH. think ill have to ring Fairhaven tomorrow!

user355541
Reply : Thu 16th Aug 2012 20:38

Liam

Have no idea if Fairhaven will have uploaded by then. If they haven't, then here is what you have to do:

1. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PLAYER The player shall: 13.9 Prior to playing in any competition ascertain whether all appropriate reductions to Playing Handicap have been made or alternatively comply with the obligations set out in clause 16.11.

16.11 If a player returns a Qualifying Score or Scores below his Playing Handicap at his Home Club or away and is unable to: (a) report an away score(s) to his Home Club or (b) ascertain whether or not his Playing Handicap has been reduced as a result of the score(s) he shall, before playing in another competition at his Home Club or away, for that competition make such reduction to his Playing Handicap as shall be appropriate under the System by applying the Competition Scratch Score if known, otherwise the Standard Scratch Score, to calculate his Nett Differential and handicap reduction. Should a player not know his Exact Handicap, such reduction should be made from his Playing Handicap less 0.5, (e.g. If Playing Handicap is 16 then reduction should be from 15.5). Note: Handicap reductions only shall be applied under this sub-clause. Handicap increases may only be made by a player's Home Club after scores have been duly reported.

Sorry if it is over-complicated but you shouldn't play so well.

user437159
Reply : Thu 16th Aug 2012 20:43

think ive got it! thank you!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top