Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Feet in sand trap

Posted by: user117101 | Wed 15th Aug 2012 10:12 | Last Reply

Hi fellow golfers, playing recently, I was in a sand trap, and was moving my feet into the ground, when a mate shouted over (you can only move your feet twice) thought it was a wind up, after checking all I can find is that you can't build a stance, nothing about planting your feet into the sand, any views please. Cheers Graham

re: Feet in sand trap
user21179
Reply : Wed 15th Aug 2012 12:17

never heard that one Graham

user117101
Reply : Wed 15th Aug 2012 15:16

Thank's Tim, as I thought, he is always trying something, perhaps because I was two up. Regards Graham

user117101
Reply : Wed 15th Aug 2012 17:09

Thank's Dan, that would be a good one, used to wind up's when playing football, but this goes to another level, he also has a habit of wispering to anybody that's by the T, and it is true a whisper is louder than normal speech which I can put up with, but I do tend to get him back.

user52922
Reply : Sun 17th Mar 2013 18:10

Only the really good courses have a consistent depth of sand to play from. Foot wriggling is essential to establish the depth.

user16106
Reply : Mon 18th Mar 2013 19:53

If you are establishing the depth of the sand is this not "testing " the sand. I have always been fairly carefull just to get a grip but not " TEST " the sand. Its always seemed a very ambiguous rule open to different interpretations. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user80078
Reply : Mon 18th Mar 2013 22:55

I've never had any problem with bunkers, in that I go in, wriggle until comfortable, set myself and play the shot. Bunkers are not places to worry about anything but the shot in hand. I've never had a partner or opponent question my bunker play. P.S. I think my ability equates well to my handicap.

user52922
Reply : Mon 18th Mar 2013 22:56

My golf shoes are not capable of testing anything and all one is doing is getting a solid stance with the knowledge how much or little the depth of sand is.

user356537
Reply : Tue 19th Mar 2013 06:00

I don't think I've ever called anyone for building a stance in a bunker. Moving loose impediments, particularly leaves, now that's a different story!

user117101
Reply : Tue 19th Mar 2013 09:04

Hi fella golfers, thank's for all your opinions, I think opinions go in favour that providing you don't build a stance you can set yourself so that you feel comfortable, the fella I was playing with is always trying to find some reason to put you off and this was one of many, I posted this Aug last year and now I have so many responses, must be we can't get on the golf course (mine Lingfield is sodden) although played Bramley in a society on the 6th lovely day and the course too, if anyone gets a chance to play, well worth a visit the greens are good and very fast. Thank's for all your replies. Good golfing Graham

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top