Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Do caddies make that much of a difference?

Posted by: user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Tue 14th Aug 2012 11:44 | Last Reply

Do caddies make that much of a difference?

This is not aimed at us normal Golfers, but at our Tour Pro's.

Since Billy Foster was sidelined Lee Westwoods form has taken a big dip, so much so that he has parted company with Pete Cowen.

Did having Billy on the bag help him so much?

Last edit : Tue 14th Aug 2012 13:34
re: Do caddies make that much of a difference?
user410273
Reply : Tue 14th Aug 2012 12:31

I think it depends on the individual. But is it coincidence that Adam Scott is playing so well... maybe having someone like Steve Williams, or Billy, on the bag cna make a huge difference.

user459944
Reply : Tue 14th Aug 2012 22:23

think they must help a bit depending on the relationship with the golfer (non Sexual), how many times have you been on a course and had your friend tell you to slow it down or pick a 7 iron out or judge the distance for you, on a personal note, think if the ole lady hadnt of slowed me down the other week dont think i would have got under my first 100 this year !! so big up for the caddies pro or not.

user26342
Reply : Wed 15th Aug 2012 06:36

I think it's about the rapour the caddie & player have with each other. Westwood & Billy are always laughing & joking which probably relaxes them both which see the better golf being played. These relationships take years to form so it's hard for another caddie to just step right into someone else's shoes & just pick it up.

user425195
Reply : Thu 16th Aug 2012 13:44

As golf is as much a mental game as physical, it stands to reason that having someone alongside you with whom you feel comfortable and who understands you and your game will have a positive impact. 2 or 3 shots can make all the difference.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 17th Aug 2012 10:06

Did everyone read the Caddy Interview from Matt Holbrook ?

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/4462/Caddy_Interview_Richard_Logue.html

user127691
Reply : Wed 22nd Aug 2012 14:16

I think a good Caddie would make a massive difference to an amatuer player, I play with the boss at works he's a scratch golfer and he generally advices me what to do (when were in a team) and I'd say he saves me at least 5-6 shots minimum in a round of golf. It's the shot selection that makes a difference to me he has a golfing brain that I just don't have and he see's things so much better than me and often much much simpiler than I do. Also when I lose the plot and where I'd generally start doing stupid things like thinking I'm Sevy in the knee deep rough he comes and reigns me in!!!!!!!!!!

Last edit : Wed 22nd Aug 2012 14:23

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top