Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Lied to in pro shop!

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sun 12th Aug 2012 22:00 | Last Reply

I played at Theydon Bois GC today (Sunday 12th Aug) and I arrived early so I could hit some practice balls.

When I went into the pro shop I asked the professional if they had a practice ground.

He replied "No, but we've got two nets outside and a putting green".

So imagine my surprise to walk to the first tee and see a sign post saying 'Practice Ground'. Then when we walked up the second fairway I could see to my left a practice ground. Why would they lie to me? After all, you would think a professional would like to see people having a warm-up before playing.

This happened to me once before when I played at Weald Park GC. I phoned up to see if I could get a tee time and asked about a practice ground. The bloke on the phone replied "It's for members only."

Now I always thought that once I'd paid my green fees I was a temporary member of the golf club!

Russ

re: Lied to in pro shop!
user40826
Reply : Mon 13th Aug 2012 08:40

I've never understood why some clubs are so protective of their practice ground. I was a member at The Shropshire in Telford for a year and only members could use the practice ground but they'll let people pay to get balls from the driving range.

I'm sort of torn to be honest.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top