Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Silly Golf Club Rules!

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sun 12th Aug 2012 21:51 | Last Reply

I fell foul of another one of those 'Stupid Rules of Golf' today.

Decided to go and play Theydon Bois GC as my regular playing partner passes it on a regular basis, but has never played the course.

I arrive in my shorts, black shoes and black socks, you've guessed it, I've got to wear white socks!!!!!

Not being a fashion icon I have to admit that there is nothing as stupid as wearing black shoes with white socks.

What does it really matter what colour my socks are?

Another one of those stupid rules that should be deposited into the rubbish bin as soon as possible.

Russ

re: Silly Golf Club Rules!
user52922
Reply : Sun 12th Aug 2012 23:04

If those who wear shorts, with shirt hanging over them and ladies socks realised how stupid they look, they would think twice about their attire. Sorry Russ, you know what I am like.

user355541
Reply : Mon 13th Aug 2012 20:28

I, too, am far from being a fashion expert but shorts with black socks and black shoes are infinitely worse than shorts with white socks and any colour shoes.

user43166
Reply : Tue 14th Aug 2012 06:44

Ha ha, nice one John, very PC!! But sadly true.

I've seen this at Singing Hills in Sussex. This time I think it was the wrong length of socks (can't remember if it was too long or too short).

Must say, I rarely wear shorts on the course. I wouldn't want to put anyone through having to look at my shiny white legs.

Played with someone wearing shorts last week - the bugs bit him to buggery!! Ha, ha, servers him right :-)

user52922
Reply : Tue 14th Aug 2012 07:57

When in Rome is the old saying, wear shorts in Florida by all means, it is the norm, but the weather in this country is not considered humid enough for the need to wear them.

user25808
Reply : Tue 14th Aug 2012 11:46

I don't think it's necessary to wear shorts in this country either,tried once didn't like the sunburn nor the insect bites!

Some players like them obviously so I would have thought,as you hadn't played the course before, a quick check up on the clubs dress code policy before you got there would have put your minds at rest.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top